Community post

Discussion

Avoid FRER

Just wanna share that I have gotten 3 positives in the last 3 days with very obvious pink coloring. I went to the dr today and my hcg is only 3. I took the last test in the box after my results and sure enough a pink line.

I will never use these again. I am absolutely heart broken.

53 Replies • 5 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by hugs)

1 - 10 of 53 Replies | Last Page

So sorry for your lost...
I don't know what to say, I think all of us were expecting a different outcome..I can only say that I agree with switching FRERs with another brand....
With head held high...into new memories and having new adventures...all the best!

5 years ago

To add a different perspective I had obv positives on cheapies for two days but completely blank FRERs. I knew I was pregnant but they showed NOTHING. The takeaway being, I'm not sure they are the most reliable either way.

5 years ago

The tests are like the only thing to monitor anything with. The way things are going I am slightly concerned about another possible ectopic so I do want to keep eyes on the situation.

I took this test this AM and the line is slightly darker. Still faint but darker.

I have mild cramping, a headache and no real spotting. I dipped the test and in the cup there was some weird brown tissue floating around but that’s about it... still waiting and still confused

user submitted image

5 years ago • Post starter

I pee pink lines on frer all the time with no pregnancy. I had an ultrasound and full blood tests to check all was ok and it was. I also get false pink lines on Superdrug tests and Lloyd’s. like you if I don’t see progression I have to put it down to false positives. This situation messes with your head no matter how realistic you try to be. Another thing to mention is some ladies have something called serum human anti-mouse antibodies in their urine which can cause a false positive

5 years ago

Good to see your update! I was hoping to see you post again. Fingers crossed from your blood work tomorrow!

5 years ago

I was thinking about you....
All the best dear!

5 years ago

So sorry to hear that. I used those with this pregnancy(final tests posted). I wonder if it was just a bad batch of tests.

User image[/url]

5 years ago

I was always under the impression there should be no color unless there is enough hormone and the line is very pink.... it makes no sense.

I’m happy they worked for you!

Sorry to hear that. They have always worked for me as well too. Did you ever think it could be a chemical pregnancy??

5 years ago

I took the test this AM and it was bright pink and then had my blood work done 2 hrs later... I’ve had 5 miscarriages and never had the HCG drop that fast.

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo