Community post

Journal

Feeling discouraged

So many women have told me that they "just knew" when they were pregnant. Meanwhile I'm here thinking I've been pregnant a dozen times. It's like my maternal instincts are just completely wrong. I was on BC for years but thought so maybe times I was pregnant regardless. All times were negative. Finally started trying and am 2 dpo (If I even ovulated) and I feel like I'm just psyching myself out again. Felt pains on left side and extremely high sex drive two days ago (on my predicted ovulation day), did the deed every day leading up, on, and day after ovulation, been taking prenatals, but just can't help but think that it's not going to happen. I'm young and it's my first cycle off BC but I can't help but think it's just not going to happen. Like the thought of being pregnant seems impossible with so many negatives in the past. I feel like any symptoms I may be feeling are all in my head. Anyone else feel this way or am I just insane?

2 Comments • 6 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Comments

Birth control works by preventing ovulation by tricking your body into thinking you are pregnant already (elevating levels of estrogen and progesterone). Obviously this is an oversimplification. But it totally makes sense that you might experience pregnancy symptoms while taking hormonal BC.

6 years ago

Having feelings in your head yeah that can happen. I doubt you are insane. Just a woman that wants what most do, a child. It usually biological, hormones can make us feel insane LOL

I wish you the best and if symptoms continue and you miss your period or when you think it be due just test. Psychologically you can produce your body to have some symptoms but not all. Stress can cause a period to be late

Shelly User image

6 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo