Community post

Journal

Last Chance at 2018 baby, Part II

Well I was putting regular updates on the other one, mostly to record for myself what my symptoms were, but I ran out of space, so I'm continuing on.

8dpo - I've been super emotional the last 24 hrs. Still a little crampy, but my temp went back up so that's promising. I watched "About Time" last night and just started hysterically crying at the end - couldn't stop for a while. Horrible headache from it. Freaked my DH out. I'm not even on progesterone cream because I ran out, but I really think I dropped more than one egg this month which could explain the high hormones at this point. I've had a monster headache every night for the past three nights and I don't get them unless I'm on progesterone supplements, so my levels must be naturally high right now. Tests are still negative, but vvfl something on yesterday afternoon's strip (I posted it) and this morning's strip (didn't have time to take a picture this morning.) I'll do another one this afternoon. Probably nothing. I know it's super early, but I could be wrong on my ovulation day - I could be 9dpo today. I just have to realize that I'm going to be psycho for the next week and test twice a day, like I am every month until I accept it's a bfn. I just felt this month was different, you know?

Two women I know, one my sister's friend, one my other sister's friend - both have DAUGHTERS that just announced their pregnancies. All my sisters are younger than me, and their friends are going to be Grandmothers. It makes me feel very old and foolish, TTC at 42 years old. That's probably why I'm crying at everything right now. I'm not ready to be old. I REFUSE TO BE OLD!!

UPDATE   !!!!!! I'm willing to say it.... I've got a BFP!! This morning the line is still faint, but unmistakable. I'm still not going to tell dh for another day or so until I'm sure the levels are going up and it's not going to CP out on me again like last August. That broke both our hearts. In the meantime, I'm taking all my vitamins, eating good and visualizing those little zygotes holding on tight and growing and growing (I want twins lol). Wish me luck!

6 Comments • 6 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 6 of 6 Comments

Awww ur not old. U can't base being old on someone else's situation. That's just silly. As long as ur ovulating, ur body doesn't view itself as old...and neither should ur mind. Quit it! Get back to the positivity u had a few days ago!!

I have everything crossed for u. It's gonna happen, keep the cortisol to a minimum...even if that means not testing twice a day! =)) xo

6 years ago

You are not old! And I swear I see a very faint line on your tests! Good luck!

6 years ago

Thanks ladies! I took 3 tests (I have a ton of those cheapy internet strips) and all three had progressively darker lines. Still very faint, but I'm just hoping it sticks...if I can will a baby into being, it will be this month!

6 years ago • Post starter

You sound like me lol ..we could cry together ..im either 8/9dpo think i had a vvfl at 2am this morn ..had tons of "symptoms" including heartburn headache and super diziness ..if im not pregnant im insane and will be giving up trying ..i see a faint line on yr test so i think this is yr month xx im keeping everything crossed for u ..and by the way i delivered a 49yr old woman a few years back who thought she was in menopause and didnt show positive until 5 months lol ..so still hope for u yet x

6 years ago

!!!

I have read your many posts. I am 38... DH will be 40 soon. Had a MC feb 2018, this is our 2nd cycle after loss. Could you list your Symptoms you had, if any? I am currently 9dpo and all I have had is headaches, lower abdomen uterus pressure, feeling blah exhausted but just don’t want to do much, irritable as well.

6 years ago • Edited

Beaut1ful38 - well those symptoms sound consistent! I had headaches starting at 4dpo, progressively getting worse every night. Stuffy nose. Neither of those I get with AF. I got dizzy like I was going to faint on 5dpo. Had to lay down till the spinning stopped. That doesn't happen often. Also, 8dpo, the hysterical crying was weird. DH thought I was crazy. I knew something was up then. Everything else feels like PMS so it's hard to tell. Now, I feel pregnant and I'm only 13 dpo. Stomach feels like there's a hot ball of lead in it. I'm hungry all the time, but kinda nauseous too. Headaches in the evening. Fatigue hasn't set in yet, but it'll come. My last pregnancy wiped me out! I used to lock my office door and sleep under my desk for a cat nap when it was unbearable lol. I have a little soreness under the arms, but not remarkable. In fact, my boobs hurt more when I was NOT pregnant. Which is weird. Anyway, that's all I can think of but it's only been a couple of days for me, so my levels probably aren't very high yet.

6 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo