Community post

Journal

Beta HCG Level Testing and Panic Attack

So those of you who read this, I did get my first very light BFP on a wondfro strip at 8dpo. They got darker the next day and out of sheer hubris, I actually used a CB digital test on 9 dpo and lo and behold, it came out PREGNANT! Most beautiful thing in the world. Since then, I've been doing the strip tests and one FRER every day to see if the lines are progressively getting darker - which they are. Test lines are almost as dark as control lines now and I'm 13 dpo.

SO, I called my OBGYN to schedule a pregnancy intake and ultrasound at 8 wks because the waiting list there is atrocious. They could only get me in at 7wks, but I should still be able to see a heartbeat. But they also want me to come in TODAY and get my beta hcg levels and my progesterone level measured, then back on Wednesday for another beta to see if levels are doubling. I should be happy about this, but I'm actually scared as hell.

Ignorance is bliss, and right now, I'm enjoying the first symptoms of a beautiful, healthy pregnancy - or I will be until they f**k it up and tell me my numbers are off, they are too low, or not doubling or my progesterone is too low or its not a pregnancy at all, but some weird exotic HCG cancer because I can't possibly be young enough to have a baby again. !!!! Please let them be high and good and doubling....ugh!!!

UPDATE   YAY! 1st set of number came in. 1st Beta at 13dpo is 109, and progesterone level is a nice 34.8. No supplements needed. I'll go back tomorrow to draw the 2nd beta and find out the doubling time, but I'm encouraged by the high number and the progesterone level (considering I've had problems with that before.)

5 Comments • 6 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Comments

My goodness you scared me I thought something was wrong! Your lines are that dark so STOP it, lol. We are all maternal old farts here if we aren’t in our twenties and I worry about the same shit, but I’m sick of being made to feel bad about it and so should you. Your body obviously is working so sit back and try to enjoy the ride. My lines weren’t even that dark so as far as levels go I’d let all that go. You’re going to be just fine. I know it’s easier said than done because I’m just now graduating from basket case to just a nut job with worrying something will be wrong. You’re right ignorance is bliss, and I’ve said before that I almost wish they didn’t test for so many things because it’s hard to just relax and enjoy a pregnancy but I obviously understand why.

So chin up, all is good for now and I think you’re pregnant and will probably not be diagnosed with cancer today

6 years ago

Hey Love! I'm so happy to ready this, i can't wait for your numbers!!

6 years ago

I'm sure your numbers are going to be great. What is good about this is if your progesterone is low, they'll catch it early and treat it. Make sure you update us!

User Image

6 years ago

I will! I'm waiting on the results now. It's funny your signature is old - says you're waiting to ovulate (hahaha)...I think you're going to be waiting a while on that

6 years ago • Post starter

Lol, yeah for sure. I need to figure out how to take that off!

User Image

6 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo