Community post

Discussion

Subchorionic hemorrhage

I am currently 8 weeks pregnant. Had some bleeding this morning and cramping, felt like af was coming. Went to ED per my obgyn. I was diagnosed with subchorionic hemorrhage. Had blood test done, shows hcg level at 82k, heartbeat looks good, baby looks fine. But they see a slight tear. Has this happened to anyone? I am advised to call my obgyn first thing in the morning to see them within 2 days. I was told to keep my tasks light, no sex. Never had this in my other 3 pregnancies. Any of you ladies experience this? I’m guessing I’ll have way more frequent ultrasounds to keep an eye on it and make sure it doesnt get worse

3 Replies • 6 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

I’ve had it but wasn’t real bad, with my third, for me it cleared up in a few weeks or more. I’ve heard of some with it real bad throughout pregnancy and all is fine, but I can’t imagine how nerve wracking that is. Hopefully yours is not bad and will clear up soon, I know it’s hard to relax when there’s bleeding and no one enjoys pelvic rest keep us posted

6 years ago

I had a large SCH with my 3rd. I had heavy spotting for about a week then a massive bleed. Mine started around 8-9wks and the bleed was at 10wks. All bleeding stopped at 14wks but the SCH remained. Each case is different, but I didn't receive any more ultrasounds than I would've without one. I was just told to take it easy and avoid sex til the bleeding stopped. Mine was on the maternal side, so it was no threat to baby becuz it was nowhere near the placenta. Find out where urs is located and how big it is. Generally, they will either be absorbed by ur body or bleed out by 20wks. Just take it easy and follow ur doctors instructions. They see these all the time!

If it'll help u relax a bit, pick up a doppler so u can check on baby whenever u want. This saved me so much stress...it's actually what kept me calm between seeing the big bleed and getting to the ER.
Best of luck! =))

6 years ago

Thanks ladies!
I was told it’s located on the placenta about 1.4cm in size. I’m in light duty at work and complete pelvic rest

6 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo