Community post

Journal

IUI cancelled and now an unplanned break

Yesterday was supposed to be IUI #4. Hubs went in for his appt and I went to the clinic 2 hours after for mine. Usually - when I get there, they send us over to accounting to pay for the procedure and then we wait in the waiting room for the nurse. Yesterday, the receptionist just told me to have a seat and wait. When I asked if I should go pay she said that they would take payment afterwards - so I knew something was up. Of course DH couldn't make it with me yesterday so I was at the clinic on my own. A Doctor came to get me, not a nurse, and said that she wanted to have a quick talk with me... She said they wouldn't do the IUI because DH's levels had dropped 200% from the last IUI! She asked if he had been sick - he was. He has actually missed the previous week of work because he was so ill and the doctor thought he had the mumps! (A blood test determined he did not have the mumps, just some sort of other virus) and now he has a chest infection... She is pretty confident that is the reason for the dramatic drop. But now we have to go for a follow up appointment with the RE mid October and DH has to do another SA just before that to make sure his levels are going back up. She said that all his previous levels for his first SA and our first 3 IUIS were over 200 million and this one was just over 1 million! So now we can't do any medicated cycles or IUIs until after the appt. Not really a break we were expecting so that sucks :( I had the WORST O pains last night too while I was having my pity party at home :( Who knows, maybe the break will be nice. No meds, no timed BDing, no OPKs - I will probably still temp because its a habit, but if I want to sleep in or something I won't worry about it.

1 Comment • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Comments

Oh man, isn't there always something.....I hope that the forced break will be a pleasant surprise and that once everything is settled you will become pregnant in no time. Hugs and best wishes.

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo