Community post

Journal

CD9 - Clomid/IUI Cycle #3

Its CD9 of our 3rd Clomid/IUI Cycle. I'm having a bit of ovary twinge. Clomid side effects this month were pretty much non existent - maybe a couple hot flashes but nothing unmanageable. I go for blood work and an ultrasound on Saturday morning (CD12) to see where things are at. I think our first 2 IUIs we missed with timing. The first cycle was just a mess from start to finish and then the 2nd one I don't think I actually O'd until 2 days after the IUI and we weren't able to get an extra BD in after the IUI so I just don't know. I am supposed to call the clinic the day I get my first positive OPK... but I usually get 2 days of positive and then O a day after the last one so maybe I will hold out calling them until my 2nd OPK which would bring me in on my true O day... I dunno. I'm not really hopeful for this cycle. This one will be the last IUI cycle we do for now. The RE told us to move onto IVF after 3 failed IUI cycles but I think I may ask about injectables or triggering before considering IVF. Realistically IVF would involve taking at least a year off to save for that (not that we couldn't be trying naturally during that time). These 3 IUI cycles will be $1500 spent out of pocket. The "superovulation" IUI cycles at the clinic are about $1500 depending on drugs so maybe if this one doesn't work we will take the summer off and try again in the fall with that. Ugh... this is so frustrating.

3 Comments • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Comments

I would go in on cd 10. By the time I went in on cd12, my two follicles were already 22mm! They like to trigger at about 18. I think mine were over mature by the time I ovulated. I had already started surging on my own before I took the trigger.

Mill

7 years ago

I am not having a trigger this month (I haven't for any of my IUIs)... I think I'm going to ask about it moving forward though if this month fails. I went in on CD9 last month because I o'd on CD11 the month before... and at CD9 I had 3 follicles (17, 17.5 & 18)... I ended up having a positive OPK CD 12 & 13 with my IUI on day 13 BUT I didn't have a temp spike until CD 16 so I think I didn't actually O until day 15 (maybe 14). The clinic has been checking in with me everyday on the patient portal so they told me to OPK twice a day starting today and as soon as it is near positive they will bring me in for an US (in case its before CD12).... blah... I'm too much of a control freak for not having set schedules and plans! haha!

7 years ago • Post starter

The trigger will ensure you ovulate nearly 36 hrs after. It helps with timing. Naturally a person can ovulate 12-48 hrs after a positive opk! I really think you should trigger. It will help pinpoint best time for iui. Everything that I've read 36 hrs after trigger is best.

Mill

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo