Community post

Journal

Erratic chart, CD39 and no AF - I finally have an answer!

So off I trudged to the private doc again today to have my vaginal scan, after several midnight emails to her explaining that I felt I shouldn't wait to have this scan. Yes she was actually emailing me at midnight!!

The doctor asked me when my last period was-  the 14th October and asked if I could be pregnant. I said it was highly unlikely and had negative tests but still no period.

I hopped onto the examining table and within 5 mins she found a small cyst on my right ovary -  the side of my ectopic.

She said it's very common and not to worry about it but that I have to go on a type of mini contraceptive pill for 1 month to dissolve the cyst. She said that was the reason for the absence of my AF. Anyone had any experience of this??

So there we have it. Agrrrr!!!

The good news is it appears that my right and left tube is clear so that's something.

xx

User image

8 Comments • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 8 of 8 Comments

i cysts, i hate them with all my heart. pray yours disolves witht he bcp. good luck

http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/res/img/forum/emoticons/baby_dust.gifhttp://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/res/img/forum/emoticons/stork_pink.gif

8 years ago

Yep, I am the queen of cysts....I hate them with a passion. Mine never interfered with "my best friend - AF". I am sick of both.
Tubes clear, let's celebrate!!!
Best wishes like always - your BFP is just around the corner.

8 years ago

Thank you both! I feel defeated going on the pill but what can I do. Just have to take it as another month of not trying and 'relax'. Do the cysts generally dissolve without too much effort? At least I can stop temping and using opks for a month! And my month on the pill finishes the weekend before Xmas. When should I expect my AF? As soon as I stop taking them in a month's time? xx

User image

8 years ago • Post starter

Yes they dissolve. my cyst did before i started with stimulation. but came back again, so its really difficult to answer. but i pray this one dissolves and never comes back

http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/res/img/forum/emoticons/baby_dust.gifhttp://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/res/img/forum/emoticons/stork_pink.gif

8 years ago

Don't know when AF would start when using/stopping the pill. Anyhow, cysts do dissolve over time but the best way to make sure they are gone is to reduce the estrogen circulating in the body either by using the pill or Lupron. I was always put on Lupron which causes nasty menopause-like side effects. Also, try to do castor oil packs on your lower abdomen. It proves blood circulation which in turn helps the body to get rid off the cyst.

8 years ago

Thank you Mozart. Would you believe my AF finally started today! So I have a question. I can actually now have all my blood tests on Monday which are meant to be done on day 2 or 3 of my cycle, so should I hold off on starting the pill till Tuesday, or should I just start the pill today and wait to finish that and then go on day 2 or 3 of my cycle after I've stopped them? xx

User image

So sorry about the cyst Natasha . I'm afraid I don't know anything about them so can't answer your questions. I hope it dissolves quickly so that you can finally move on too get your much deserved bfp xx

User Image Me 36 DH 49 6 Yrs TTC MC last at 6weeks Ectopic at 6-7 weeks Using Homoathic Medicine since July 14

8 years ago

Thanks Gemma, I guess it can't be helped. Just another hiccup in this journey. xx So my Google research says you still continue to ovulate while on Norethisterone so I will use opks and temping to make sure, then when you finish them, about 3 days after you get a withdrawal bleed. Then apparently your period still turns up as normal i.e it doesn't affect real cycle dates. So my AF started today and either I'll get my real one at the same time as the withdrawal or maybe a few days later but it will be due about the 20th Dec. So I guess I'll just have to see! I feel like a science experiment! I also decided to hold of starting them till Tuesday so I can have my day 3 blood tests as planned. Phew! xx

User image

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo