Community post

Journal

Every emotion possible!

in the space of two weeks I think I have almost experienced every emotion possible!

Firstly, anxiety at the thought of our first IVF round and injecting myself, but guess what, it was as easy as pie! didnt even feel it go in, so no dramas there! Anxiety quickly turned to elation as I had good thoughts about this procedure!

then a few days later I started to get sick. REAL sick, as in sitting on the toilet and simultaniously hurling into a bin. NOT pretty! So was feeling very sorry for myself. Then started to get paranoid. Am I reacting to the hormone injections? Are they going to cancel this cycle? Will this mean I am not a candidate for IVF????? Scared...

But had to check so went to the clinic on the verge of tears as I was sick, tired and scared! but thankfully it would have just been a stomach bug and nothing to do with the hormones. Quick blood check to make sure then i was on my merry way again, well as merry as you can be when you cant be away from the toilet for more than 10 mintues!

So injecting every day, sinch, no worries at all! Gets to CD9 and they do a routine scan to check my folicles, 13 in total so all good. Estrogen at a good level so keep on doing what i'm doing, which is fine except I am beginning to feel like there is a load of golf balls in my abdomen sitting on my pee refelx, making me experience the urge without actually needing to go. Uncomfortable, frustrated yes but still happy.

They told whoa, estrogen is very high and you have over 20 folicles, stop injections immediatly! more uncomfortable feelings but still all good, in fact Very good! have a constant smile on my dial so high estrogen agrees with me in that way! but they do warn me that a fresh transfer might not be possible because of the risk of hyper stimulation. Bummer.

DH books his flights so he can be home for the egg retrival and off to surgery we go. happy camper, still told we may still need to freeze but as estrogen hasnt risen much over the last few days I might be ok. Wake up from surgery, a little pain but all good, told that depending on a blood test result on day 5, I am good for a fresh transfer!! Yipee!!! and 16 eggs were retrived! Yipee!

Home to rest and get the call that said my Dr has been consulting with other doctors and has decided that a fresh transfer isnt a good idea as I am still at risk of hyper stimulation. Pissed off, angry, confused, upset. DH had a small altercation because we were both upset and frustrated on being told one thing a few hours earlier then something different. And then the realisation that there is yet ANOTHER delay in our quest for a positive pregnancy test.

DH goes back to work the next morning and illness sets in. And I just go down hill! Hello mild/moderate hyper stimulation! It is not fun let me tell you. Queasiness, tender tummy, thirst but moving makes me feel ill. constipation then after laxatives, diaherra. So So tired. by day 3 i am quite thankful that I wasnt going to be getting a fresh transfer as pregnancy can extend the symptoms of OHSS much longer and when I get there I want to enjoy my pregnancy!

So, here I am, 6 days after retrival and I am much better. Not 100% but back at work and functioning again! and we have 8 Blastocysts at grade aa and a all frozen well and waiting for their transfer. Should get the info this afternoon on whether I have to wait for two bleeds or just one and if DOc wants me on any medication leading up to transfer.

I want to have the transfer sooner rather than later but if I cant then I dont mind too much as I want to be as healthy as possilbe!

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

2 Comments • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Comments

WOW! Good luck hun! I hope you get to do it soon and they dont make you wait to long! YAY for a great retrival though! So sorry you were so sick!

User Image

11 years ago

go krunchie and 8 blastocysts!!! hope you get to transfer soon!

Daisypath Christmas tickersLilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers Clomid cycle #1 Clomid cycle #2 Clomid cycle #3

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo