Community post

Journal

CD 10: B6...Undercover Miracle Drug?

So this is my first period in a few months unassisted by progesterone. Honestly, I couldn't see where it was doing a whole lot of good. Between the heaviness of my regular bleeding not abating and the withdrawal bleeding from the progesterone, I still ended up going 14 days--literally half the month!

Two days ago, I found some B6 in the house and started taking it. My lingering, bright-red, full spotting has since become a faint pink smear. WHAT?! So I've been taking an ineffective synthetic hormone for something a vitamin could fix?

The results I've been experiencing instantly brought to mind something my godmother had told me years ago. As a young woman in the 40s and 50s, she remembered having to go to the doctor on the first day of her period every month for a B-shot in order to stop her periods in a reasonable time frame.

This put me on an internet search. I found tons of chatboard messages by women who had found success in stopping bleeding and lengthening their luteal phases by using B vitamins. I also saw heartbreaking testimonies by women who had suffered miscarriages within days of stopping the vitamins, often on doctors' orders.

I'm thinking more of us should probably be taking B-vitamins instead of synthetic progesterone anyway if it delivers the results we're seeking and is something that benefits our bodies anyway.

KS76

0 Comments • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo