Community post

Journal

My Dirty Little Secret(s)

I'm pretty new to all this TTC stuff. I didn't think that my new husband would ever come around to the idea of a child. He has always said that "two is enough". He is speaking of my two girls. He doesn't have children of his own, but embraces fatherhood to my girls with open arms. I knew he would be a great dad. Children adore him, and it just comes natural to him. This is why it was so hard to wrap my head around the idea that he was content without having children of his own, or at least a boy. I finally had a long talk with him. I have found that with my husband hints do not work. I needed to have a deep, deep heart to heart with him about all the "why's". Turns out, I can't aways get an "answer" right away. We talked about all the fears he had. I just left the conversation open and asked him to please think about things. I told him that I wanted this only if he wanted this too. I guess like all men he wants it to be his idea, his decision, and on his time. I guess he really thought about it because we are trying this month. Although, I don't know for how long our TTC journey will last. I have some fears that because it was such a hard decision for him that he may change his mind. My guess is that he wants it be be easy, and he knows me well enough to know that I can tend to go to the extreme with things (plannning our wedding etc.) So this is where my dirty secret comes in. I don't want to "expose" him to all the OPK/HPT/BBT and all. Granted, he is fully aware of everything but for fear of him feeling stressed or overwhelmed by it (Not to mention the ever dreaded eye roll). I feel the need to hide it or at least some of it. I can not for the life of me figure out why. Maybe just making it easier for him, makes it easier for me, or maybe I don't want him to think I'm crazy. I just had to get that out there. Any other "Closet Pee-On-A-Stickers"??

User Image User Image

6 Comments • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 6 of 6 Comments

LOL I started out as a closet pee on a sticker... Then I started to notice the porcupine trash barrel and well that was thrown out the window of hiding it lol ... You can hide the BBTing...even the charting since you can do it online... but the OPKs & HPTs... not so much... I swear they are like crack LOL Good luck to you guys and hopefully you'll get your BFP before you know it :)

12 years ago

Lol so true....I felt really dirty the first time I hid my pee cup!

User Image User Image

12 years ago • Post starter

I was a closet pee on a sticker too lol. I wanted a child of my own really bad. My hubby has a child from his previous marriage and I want one really bad but he wanted to wait on it. But then a couple months ago I convinced him to start trying and told him the positive side of having a child lol. well anyways, good luck to u and ur hubby!!

12 years ago

same here, lol he works from 4am to 730pm so i have "free range" but when he does come home and if i want to "pee-on-a-stick" i just wait like an hr or two cause he will be sleeping. i have one time taken my purse into the bathroom with me when he was awake, lol i know he seen it cause i looked at him and he was looking at my purse as i walked passed him. but he didn't say anything

User Image

12 years ago

I'm so glad that I'm not alone! I got busted this morning taking my temp. Leave it to hubby! He just laughed at me and kissed me bye. I think he loves the control freak side of me too. It's not that I am worried about not getting pregnant, I would just love to sway the odds of conceiving a boy.

User Image User Image

12 years ago • Post starter

o i love this post it made my day,my df knew about my pee sticks,Id let them sit on the night stand (positive ones) had them hide in bathroom closet and even a few in my purse. Ur men wud seriously think i was a freak if they seen how much I poas b4 my positive and after...well if u look at my pics ull get the idea :) baby dust ladies :)

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo