Community post

Question

Dark blood streaked ewcm for 3 days...

Hi ladies, please can you shed some light light on what is going on with my cycle this month! I'm cycle day 35 from a usual cycle of 27-29 days, so now about 1 week late. I've had dark blood tinged ewcm for 3 days. No temp rise (see my chart), so still not convinced I've ovulated as yet, although had a positive OPK on the 24th October (although it wasn't a very dark positive - just the same darkness). Having a stressful month with house renovations so could have delayed things. Do you think I'm ovulating now?? What is going on??!!! Negative hpt so not pregnant either! Thanks! xx

User image

5 Answers • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Answers

Forgot to add, I've had sensitive nipples for a week, and now my breasts are feeling sore - for the last 2 days - like my AF is going to start. Thank you! xx

User image

8 years ago • Post starter

Hi Scuba,

I think maybe you may have ovulated given the positive OPK you had. The colours of the lines must at least match to be considered positive which you had. Depending on when you BDed (hopefully around the 24th Oct) there is a chance that egg met sperm. So not having your period could be good news that you have conceived. However, a late AF can be due to stress which you are also going through. Spotting just before AF is common for a lot of women so if you are wondering whether it is implantation bleeding then this is meant to occur before your expected AF and about a week or so after ovulation. The breast symptoms could be a positive depending on what you normally experience before AF. I have only ever experienced shooting tingley breast sensations on conception cycles but many women also get breast symptoms before AF as well.

8 years ago

Thanks Lucidity, I really don't think I ovulated on the 24th as my luteal phase is always about 14 days and we are way over that! I definitely know I'm not pregnant as I had an hCG test last week, and hpt are still negative. Hmm.... Maybe it's an annovatory cycle, or I'm ovulating now! xx

User image

Hi, it could be the start of your period or you could be ovulating now. Do you get spotting during ovulation usually? If not, I would see a doctor about any unusual bleeding if it is not related to period or pregnancy, just to rule out other issues. Take care and good luck!

8 years ago

Hi Anastasia! No never ever get spotting when I ovulate! I think my body seriously wants to keep me guessing this cycle. I have a vaginal scan tomorrow to see what is going on. xx

User image

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo