Community post

Question

Anyone had a very faint positive on FRER and Internet test but negative Digital and still got a BFP?

I took a FRER and cheap internet test at 13DPO and got a very faint positive. Digital test on 15DPO and 16DPO negative. Internet test on 16DPO very very faint. AF is late. Help!

User image

6 Answers • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 6 of 6 Answers

I've heard this happen to lots of women before. Generally you have to wait a bit longer before you'll get a positive on a digital. For some reason it seems that digitals aren't as sensitive as other tests. If you've gotten a positive on two tests, then no need to worry.

Me (29) Hubby (35) PCOS Mommy to Miss I (2009), Miss P (2014), and now trying for our third. Can't wait to see a soon!

8 years ago

Thank you mariamandy! I feel like I am going crazy because they have all been so faint, yet my AF is now late. How can that be? Shouldn't it be a strong colour? xx

User image

8 years ago • Post starter

Aww, you're not going crazy lol, although I can relate to the feeling. It can be so frustrating! Some women just don't show really good positives on home pregnancy tests, for whatever reason. A large majority will show positive by the first day of their missed period but of course there are plenty of women who won't and it just takes a bit more time for that positive to show up strong. There is the possibility that you may be off on your dates by a wee bit. Perhaps you ovulated a day or two later than you thought? Or maybe it took a bit longer for implantation to occur? Implantation occurs about 6-10 after fertilization, then a day or two after hcg will show up in your blood, then a day or two after that it'll show in urine. Keep testing each morning with an internet cheapie and see if it gets darker. If it hasn't gotten darker within the next week then maybe you might want to make an appointment with your doctor and get your blood levels checked, if anything for your peace of mind.

Me (29) Hubby (35) PCOS Mommy to Miss I (2009), Miss P (2014), and now trying for our third. Can't wait to see a soon!

8 years ago

I think I've started to spot so I think AF is finally on her way. Will see what happens tomorrow. Maybe they were all evap lines :-( xx

User image

FRER and other pink dye tests are more sensitive and will show up faster than digitals and blue dye tests. If you got a positive then you are indeed pregnant. HOWEVER since they are very faint and getting fainter and you say you are spotting I am thinking you picked up a chemical pregnancy or are having a very early miscarriage. Miscarriage are very common at this time, its mostly due to chromosomal errors and the pregnancy would have never been viable, nothing you are doing...
Good luck.

8 years ago

Thanks falliiing. TMI - when I wiped this morning I had CM with brown but only on tissue but a FRER test had a darker (although still faint line). See my HPT images. I'm torturing myself now. What is going on??? xx :-S

User image

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo