Community post

Question

3rd month TTC, what else can we do this time around

View Full Post

I am 36, DH is 45, and this will be our 3rd month TTC. We have been using OPKs and I am doing bbt, checking CM and CP. Last month I tried Mucinex. I have very regular cycles and a pretty consistent LP. Even though this is our 3rd month trying, I have been tracking things for awhile now to prepare.

Any suggestions what we can try this month to improve our chances?

13 Answers • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

11 - 13 of 13 Answers

Hi, I am 38 and my husband is 52. We recently just had success TTC our first (found out one week ago!). We tried for six months, I began getting frustrated after three. Here is what we did that I feel helped. I started taking Vitex 2 mo. ago along with multi sand extra folic acid, I have been using the CB fertility monitor for 4 months (it learns your cycles), and we BD'd for 8 nights in a row before, during & after ovulation. I also added BBT this month too. We used to BBT in the mornings and I would try to lay for up to an hour with it, but this time we did it at nights and I slept with it in when I could. I also read about women changing positions when they lay, side and butt in the air, so I did that too. Lastly, we didn't BD the traditional way every night, we did the home insemination method with oral syringes to help get it in more accurately. Hope some of this helps you and feel free to ask questions of you have any!! Oh, I also check his spermies using an at home test kit

9 years ago

2 corrections, sorry - that is multi's and, not multi sand. And we Used to BD in the mornings, not BBT!

9 years ago

First, let say that I'm 37 and just got my BFP. Here's what I did differently this month. I used the app Glow to help me predict when I would ovulate. Then, three days before the prediction I started using the ovulation kit so I wouldn't miss my peak. I started Baby dancing 3 days before that prediction as well. Have you heard of soft cups? I've been trying for five months. The first month we used these we conceived. Look them up. I know it seems crazy, but it is worth the try. So many women swear that they work. It could be a coincidence but maybe it's not. They are cheap and after we BD I inserted one and kept it in overnight. I also used PreSeed. TMI, all that BD was leaving me a little dry. So I used PreSeed then we BD and Then I inserted a soft cop. And bang: BFP. Good luck to everyone. Baby dust to all.. Hope this was helpful

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo