Community post

Question

Not able to test yet and tomorrow is New Year's Eve

Af is due to show by this weekend if I'm not pregnant, but tomorrow is New Year's Eve...thoughts????

If I test tomorrow morning and it shows negative, can I still have a couple drinks.tomorrow night?

Please comment...I need some options.

9 Answers • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 9 of 9 Answers

anyone???

10 years ago • Post starter

I probably wouldn't drink - just to be safe. I'm sort if in the same predicament as I'm due AF on New Years Day and tomorrow I have friends coming round who will expect me to have a drink but I'm not going to just incase. If AF isn't due for say another 4/5 days then a test could very well be negative when infact you could be pregnant if you get me? Hope I have helped a little :) x

10 years ago

I wouldn't drink just incase. You can never be too careful!! I would test, when AF is close i can't hold back from testing and who knows you might get a surprise! Good luck! I hope you get a possitive!!!

10 years ago

thanks ladies!!!! :) :) :) xxx

It's one thing if you have a glass of wine but if you plan on going out and getting sloshed I wouldn't recommend it. But a lot of people have had a drink before they found out they were pregnant

User Image

10 years ago

I wouldn't get hammered but a few drinks will be fine. If your test is negative that means that implantation is still in process or happened only 1-2 days before (hoping that you are pregnant). I've known people who have drank and/or used recreational drugs in early pregnancy and everything was fine. Most people don't find out until they are 4 or 5 weeks anyway.

10 years ago

I'm just drink mocktails just in case AF doesn't show and my BFP isn't until after NYE :) just stick to your gut feeling, most of the time your body will tell you if it just doesn't feel right to have a drink or two.

10 years ago

I asked the same question and the response I got was people don't tend to drink after implantation is due to happen I'm 7 dp today so il just b having one drink to see in the. New year as implantation is possible today One ore two won't harm but I wouldn't drink more just I case Good luck

Ttc #4 @37 . Hoping this month my little bean sticks To you all Hoping for a .

10 years ago

I think implantation happened because I had a very small amount of blood on the toilet paper this morning and had some cramping last night-similar to af.

I'm not going out, but going to a family New Year's Eve party tonight and mighy have a drink or two. I'm not one to have alcohol anyway lol

thanks for all the comments!!

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo