Community post

Question

A question about implantation.

I ovulated 6/7. Today I am 9dpo. This morning I felt some strong twinges and was very uncomfortable for about 30sec-1min. It was followed by dull pressure and very mild cramps. Normally I begin having period cramps (which for me are normally moderate and very noticeable. Achy and last for a few hours a day) as early as a week before and definitely within 2-3 days of starting. I'm due to start either tomorrow or Monday and so far I have not had these cramps at all. Only extremely mild cramps and mild twinges. Then this morning I had the more noticeable twinges and now they are gone. Could this have been implantation? If so, is there enough time between implantation and the start of my period to stop AF from coming? My mother insists on having me start taking pregnancy tests (she works for my ob-gyn) today but I'm pretty sure it is too early, especially if today was implantation.

2 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Answers

wait a few days! it takes a few days after implantation for hcg to appear on a hpt! good luck!

11 years ago

I know. I'm going to wait until after I missed my period to test again. I'm just wondering if it implanting on 9dpo gives it enough time to stop AF. I'm due to start tomorrow or Monday.

11 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo