Community post

Question

Only 1 tsp of semen normal?

DH had to ejaculate into a cup for a semen analysis today. He said there was only a teaspoon. Does that sound normal? I would have thought a few tablespoons!

User Image TTC since June 2012. DH: 32 Me: 29 October 2012: DH diagnosed with varicocele and low morphology 1-2% to all!

4 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Answers

Don't know much about it but I know sometimes (tmi alert) when my hubby comes there is not much there then sometimes it all over! I'm sure they will still get results from that :) If there are swimmers they will find/see them! Good luck hope it all comes back well and good!!!

11 years ago

I don't know if it's normal, but when DBF had a semen analysis done last month he had about the same amount and it was enough for them to test.

I hope you get good results!

11 years ago

Men can ejaculate anywhere from 0.1 mL to 10 mL (with the average being 5 mL). To give you a reference point, a 5 mL - 1tsp and 15 mL - 1 tbsp. So, the amount your partner ejaculated is totally within range, totally normal and actually quite average! :D Best of luck!

11 years ago

My DH said the first time he did a semen analysis there was not much there. The second time we fooled around a little to get him in the mood and he said there was a vast difference. Good luck with the results

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo