Community post

Question

High testosterone and prolactin

I did 21 day Labs...I haven't ovulated and my prolactin and testosterone are high what does this mean for fertility?

2 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Answers

I would first suggest that you have your levels retested on CD3. My doctor said that you can't get an accurate picture of how prolactin levels will affect your cycle any day other than CD3. On CD3, normal prolactin levels should be between 4 and 23. Unfortunately, high prolactin levels may prevent you from ovulating, so in terms of fertility, not the best thing to have.

Have you recently had a baby or are you breastfeeding? If not, they should be able to regulate your levels with medications, depending on why they are elevated. If so, you may just have to wait a bit until your body sorts itself out.

I'm not certain about the effects of high testosterone, but I don't believe it's helpful in this situation.

Sorry I couldn't be more help. Maybe someone with more knowledge will chime in.

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

11 years ago

High testosterone and no ovulation may be an indication you have PCOS - which in many women stops you from ovulating on your own. I'm not a doctor, but I'd say that combined with the high prolactin is definitely suspicious for PCOS. Having PCOS doesn't mean you won't be able to conceive - it just may make it more difficult. Especially if you aren't ovulating

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo