Community post

Question

Ovulation pains? I know its going to sound like a dumb question but..

Last night I was having some sharp stabbing pains in my right side like wayyy off to the right side by my hip.. I should be ovulating now or very soon so I'm not sure if its ovulation pains or not.. Where would you feel ovulation pains at? I'm not dumb I know where the ovaries are I just dont the exact location in the stomach/pelvic region they are at.. Thanks for the help (:

3 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Answers

It's not a dumb question. Your ovaries actually can move about a bit, and it can depend on from where on the ovary you are ovulating - since they are round. I sometimes feel it in my back on the side just below my kidneys. Sometimes in the front near to my hip. Sometimes I don't feel it at all. Sometimes it's just an ache, sometimes it's a twinge or sharp pain.

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

11 years ago

Your uterus sits below the pubic bone and your ovaries sit slightly higher than the uterus and on either side, as u know. The pain sounds about right for O pains, maybe not super close to the hip but about an inch or so away from would be the region u would feel the pain. If you are a thinner person, you can feel the ovaries when laying down completely flat.

11 years ago

It sounds about right for location. Everyone feels or doesn't feel ovulation differently. For me it is an aching tug that feels like my ovary weighs 100 lbs. On Clomid...I didn't feel ovulation at all, but blood work indicated I did.

So if the timing is about right and location sounds good...then it is probably O pain! Good Luck!

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo