Community post

Question

TAKING PROVERA

TODAY IS JULY 19TH. I TOOK PROVERA TO INDUCE MY PERIOD BECAUSE I HADNT HAD A PERIOD SINCE MAY. I TOOK PROVERA FROM JUNE 27-JULY 6TH.. I STARTED AF ON JULY 4TH.. IT LASTED TILL MONDAY THE 9TH. STARTED OPK TESTING ON THE 9TH ALSO. GOT A SMILEY FACE IN THE AM ON JULY 17. THEN I STARTED SPOTTING ON THE 18TH! NOW, IAM BLEEDING. I AM NOT SURE WHAT IS GOING ON. COULD THIS BE ANOTHER PERIOD? SHOULD I CALL MY DOCTOR?

2 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Answers

i have had to take provera many times and i have never bleed except for when it was my period so i would call because i dont think that you are supposed to bleed extra....unless ur pregnant and its spotting have u taken a test yet?

Kayla

11 years ago

I've taken provera twice. The first time, I got my period and then the next one normally. The second time, I got a period, but then got it again like a week and a half later. The doctors said that can happen, especially when on a hormone like provera because your hormones are fluctuating. Always call to let them know though!

User Image

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo