Community post

Question

14 dpo , negative hpt but positive opk , whats going on ?

ladies please help . I am 14 dpo today and have been testing everyday since about 9 dpo . So far I have only gotten bfn pregnacy test including this morning . With third morning urine I just took both opk and hpt and the opk was positive , really positive . I had a positive opk on 7/2 and 7/3 so whats happening now . I dont want to assume whats going , I really need to hear from someone who has been through this and knows whats going on . Should I wake my husband up to dtd . I may just do that anyway to help with the stress . LOL . Ok ladies , im going to make coffee while I wait for responses. Thanks in advance to all that reply

5 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Answers

The same thing happened to me last month I have been using the Clearblue Fertility Monitor and I got my peak, but then around 15 dpo I decided to take one cause I didn't have an hpt and it was positive, I didn't turn out pregnant. I just decided this month that I'm sticking to one thing and not going crazy over it. Also my periods are irregular. I posted a question about it to and people were saying sometimes they can be positive when your pregnant and before your period. They told to go to peeonastick.com they have some information about that.

Hope that helps!!

11 years ago

You're only 14 dpo... that's pretty early. When is your af due? Are you testing before it was due? Wait until a week after to test.

11 years ago

AF is expected on Thursday but I read all over the site where people are getting bfp at 9 and 10 dpo which makes it almost impossible to wait until af is due . I wont even think about waiting until a week after , by then i would have wiped the reflection off the mirror and the shine off the toilet , I clean the bathrooms when im stressed . LOL

11 years ago • Post starter

It could be that you're actually ovulating later than you thought (i.e. now). This happened to me. I thought i'd already ovulated one cycle as I got a positive OPK, but then about 14 days later, after doing the awful 2WW I got another positive OPK, and AF came 14 days after that, so it seems first time round the egg didn't pop out, but it did second time. I do have irregular cycles though.
I don't think using OPK's to detect pregnancy is very accurate. I am 20dpo, got my BFP at 10dpo (YAY!), and since then all LH strips have showed nothing at all. So...GL!

11 years ago

Any update on this topic im having the same thing happen?

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo