Community post

Question

Has having an ERPC wrecked my chances of getting pregnant?

i had an ERPC on 7th March as baby stopped growing at 6 weeks although i was 11 weeks when i found out. Only had 3 days of bleeding then had a check up a month later to see if there was anything left over, there wasn't but was told the lining of my womb was very thin and not to expect a period any time soon. I have been trying for the last 2 ovulations and keep getting BFN...i have no sign of getting my period and feel very lost as it only took 1 cycle to get pregnant with my DD who is 3 and only took 1 cycle for the 2nd which failed...i just don't get why i'm not falling straight away again...has the operation completly messed up everything???? Anyone else struggle to fall pregnant after an erpc??

4 Answers • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Answers

First of all I am sorry for your loss. I doubt it has messed up everything, but I would contact my doctor since you have not gotten a period. Your body's hormones were all over the place for awhile, I'm sure, as mine took weeks to get back on track. I also m/c'd in March and got my period exactly 7 weeks after the fact. Some women takes months to get back to regular. My first AF after was mostly spotting and a couple of days of very light flow. Lasted for 8 days. I got a positive OPK last night so I am hoping I "O" this month. Good luck to you and lots of baby dust.

12 years ago

thanks for your reply! I spoke to my doc yesterday and she said that they won't look into it until its been at least 12 weeks since the op, i so want to be pregnant again and feel that i can't move on til i am :-( My best friend has just had her 12 week scan today...i should be 21 weeks and we should be pregnant together :-( I've cried for most of today, feels like i'm never going to get over this :-( Baby dust to you also and so sorry for your loss.

12 years ago • Post starter

I had the same situation. My best friend and I got pg at the same time and were the same number of weeks. She is now almost 20 weeks. I cried to my dh the other day that it was not fair. I know how you feel and just know it is completely normal. Our time will come and we will be better Moms for it. Hugs to you my friend.

12 years ago

I'm so sorry for your loss. You body probably just needs time to heal, and the time it takes to heal if different for everyone. Sending good thoughts that you get your sticky baby soon!

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo