Community post

Question

Can my bbt chart be wrong?

Hi all, I chart bbt and had ov pain and was niggly and had watery cm when I thought I oved I've since had all pregnancy symptoms and af is late however I've done a few tests bfn and then two tests with a very faint pink line however I think these came up after 10 mins so could be evap but my chart is still not showing that I've oved! Could I have done without it picking it up? I'm 25 and on metformin, pregnacare and baby aspirin, been ttc since dec 09 with PCOS and one tube. X

User Image

11 Answers • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 11 Answers | Last Page

Your cycle is long and it's cutting off at CD38. From what I can see it doesn't look like you ovulated yet. Certainly not at CD18. You need to see a rise in temp that is .4 degrees. The rise has to be above the previous 6 temps, and it needs to stay high for at 3 days to confirm you ovulated. It will remain high until AF. Or it will remain high through pregnancy.
If you are taking your temps correctly I would believe it over anything else.

12 years ago

Thank you for looking, I think it goes off the page as I'm currently
On day 43, I think I'm thinking it could be wrong as I have 2 disabled children so don't get a fab night sleep and waking can range from 5am to 10am when hubby is home and I get to catch up on sleep so I have always used a temp calculater to adjust times however I've now been told never to adjust them :/ xxx

User Image

12 years ago • Post starter

The most accurate way to tell if you've O'd is by looking at your temps, so if there was no clear thermal shift to higher temps, that means you didn't ovulate. Your temps won't be wrong. If you took them at exactly the same time each day before you even got out of bed or moved too much, and you got at least 4 straight hours of sleep before taking your temp in the morning, then your temps will be very accurate.

Good luck with your ttc.....!

User Image

12 years ago

If your sleep is disrupted then it will make temping hard. Do you use opk's? If you can't temp I'd suggest using them and keep watching CM. I also don't adjust my temps. I've heard mixed accuracy on that. Even if your are within 30 minutes of taking the temps that would be ok. I'm not sure if you're able to but maybe set your alarm for the same time every morning, when you know you've had 4 hrs sleep. Then just take the temp and go back to sleep.
Good luck to you!

12 years ago

Thank you, I think I'll
Knock temping on the head, as I am Usually up 2 hourly with my Youngest as he has chronic lung disease and requires meds, I only started temping as a friend pointed out she oved 2 days AFTER af every month so I thought oh maybe all this dancing at set times is the wrong time lol due to PCOS I never know if or when I'll ov so have always thought opk's could work Out costly but I do check cm Daily, I'm starting to wonder if one of these expensive saliva things might help in the long run x

User Image

Opk's can be cheap. I just bought a pack of 50 on amazon for about $13 with free shipping. They are just the dip strips but they've worked for me. The saliva ferning technique I don't think is too expensive either. You can get them for maybe under $35. There are expensive ones also.

12 years ago

I'll have a look thank you, the saliva ferning test is on eBay for £9.99 xxx

User Image

Sorry we kinda sidetracked so should I write off this chart and possible non ov this month according to chat due to temp times and waking nights? It's the only thing pointing at non pregnant as I've even had a couple of faint double liners but have called them Evaps due to My chart :/ oh this ttc malarkey is confusing! Lol

User Image

Well if you are seeing 2 faint lines then you could be pregnant. I looked at them and they do seem to be lines. ..As long you're seeing the line no longer than after the 10 minute time frame. I would defintely test again and make sure yo don't look after 10 minutes. maybe try a different test. If that was 2 days ago the line might be darker now and easier to see. If your not pregnant keep taking temps if you want. Or when you get AF start fresh if you feel like it. Don't count this month out yet. You could have ovulated it's just the temps you're recording weren't your true temps so you can't see the shift.

12 years ago

You have been an absolute star! Thank you so much! X

User Image

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo