Community post

Question

OPK POSITIVE!!!!!! Whats the time frame?

I got a positive opk last night around 10pm. Hubby is out of town on work and wont be home until tonight. Do I still have time? On the test it said 24 to 48 hours but I read online that it can be only 12 hours! PLS help and give me some input!

4 Answers • 13 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Answers

You typically ovulate 12-36 hours after getting a positive OPK. The egg stays fertile after that for anything between a few hours to 24 hours.

So yes, you still have time! Even if you caught the LH surge (what the OPK measures) late and ovulated 12 hours after the test, your egg could still be fertile by the time you get your husbaand into bed.

Also important: if you had sex during the last five days or so, you also have a good chance.

13 years ago

Btw, I'm also charting bby and haven't had a spike in temps, been pretty regular. How long after o would I see a spike in temp?

13 years ago • Post starter

sorry, meant to say charting BBT!

13 years ago • Post starter

You'd see the rise in temp the day after ovulation (and it needs to remain up for at least 3 days to confirm that ovulation occurred)

Agree with previous poster about everything related to OPK and timing. GOOD LUCK!

13 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo