Community post

Question

Could I be pregnant? Month 1 TTC!! Need Advice!!

My fiance and I had sex on the 14th (May). I thought I was ovulating because afterwards he had a lot of white discharge (sorry TMI) on him. However, my cycle is usually 26-27 days. I had a positive (I think) OPK yesterday (May 18th) and haven't tested yet today. That would make sense since I should (according to the norm) ovulate on the 20th (tomorrow). Is it possible that the sperm could have lived from the 14th till either today (19th) or tomorrow (20th)? I have been feeling slightly "off," but that would have to just be in my head, since I either ovulated today or will tomorrow. Please help! Getting nervous and impatient with a lot of BFN's!!

2 Answers • 14 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Answers

Sperm can live up to 5 days in the right conditions (hospitable cervical mucus) but if you had a positive OPK on the 18th you probably didn't ovulate for another 12-24 hrs. There is a chance that sex on the 14th could cause pregnancy but the chances are slim. Also- you really wouldn't be feeling anything yet because if you just ovulated- you also just released your egg and fertilization may not have even occured yet. You usually don't experience any pregnancy related symptoms until after implantation which is normally not until 7-10 days after ovulation/fertilization.
Hang in there. If you're serious about TTC think about tracking your cycle Fertilityfriend.com is a great resource and it will tell you when you should have intercourse. Otherwise- try to have sex closer to the date of expected ovulation. You can probably expect to be TTC for a few more months as it's normal to take up to a year to conceive. Good Luck!

14 years ago

Also- you probably shouldn't expect an accurate answer on a HPT until May 31st - June 2nd. Taking them at 8 days after ovulation or less is just a waste of money. There isn't enough hormone in your system (normally) to show up on a test until 9 days and then it's very low. First positives usually don't show up until 11-12 days past ovulation (dpo).

14 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo