Community post

Question

OPK's & How To Read Them!!

I was insisting that I had had 4 + OPK's in a row- but yesterday got a much darker test line. So those 4 others that I thought were + were -'s till yesterday is what I'm assuming. Today I took my last OPK (grr) and it was -. Does that mean I O'd today?! This is my first month both TTC and actively tracking my cycle & I'm trying to make sure I'm doing all this correct. Also, (sorry if TMI), I had "creamy" CM yesterday, again a + OPK, but today a - OPK. Is it possible that yesterday's creamy CM was my most fertile. (Haven't checked yet today- I know I know I probably should in order to keep track of all this)

3 Answers • 13 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Answers

An OPK is only positive if the test line is the same color as or darker than the control line. And fertile mucous has an egg white consistency, it's thin and watery, not thick and creamy like lotion. If you notice also, your sex drive will be higher when you're ovulating. If you keep track of your cycle for a few months, you'll be able to narrow down the days around ovualtion and only test then. Good luck!

13 years ago

It's hard to say exactly when you O'ed because it can happen anywhere from 12-48 hours after seeing your first + OPK. In your case, I would use the darkest one as your positive though because it sounds like you may have misread the others.
As far as CM goes, not every woman gets the egg white-like mucus, so just consider yourself fertile at this point. If you notice that you consistently don't get a lot of mucus, try upping your water intake and using Evening Primrose Oil from onset of AF until O-time(but not after as it causes uterine contractions which can interfere with implantation). You can also use Robitussin for a few days leading up to O to think it out if it seems really thick.

If you have to try again next cycle, use the Clear Blue Digital OPK's. They are much more reliable and will tell you exactly when your LH surge hits without having to try to read the lines yourself.

Good luck!

13 years ago

I meant to say, "thin it out", not "think it out". lol

13 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo