Community post

Discussion

TTC AFTER HAVING GASTRO BYPASS,LAP BAND,GASTRO SLEEVE, ETC

Hello ladies ,

Just some background info about me ! I did lose alot of weight so hopefully this will also help out with the baby making stage compared to my other pregnancy I was a plus size but never weighed over 210. It's been almost 2.5 years since I had my gastro bypass!!!

I had it done because I had a rapid weight gain. I have back problems like: 4 slipped disk, 2 boldging disk, and 1 almost herierated disk.. which accrued while I was a CNA and working at a convulsant hospital. I was taking a lot of pain meds on top of 2 different steroids, along with getting steriod shots every week. I went from 200 up to 294 within 8 months, so not cute ! It was bad enough to were I was very depressed, saw myself as very ulgy, low self esteem, didn't feel comfortable, lack of sex drive , didn't wanna go no where etc. I couldn't drive for about 6months, couldn't sit, stand, walk, or lay for over 20 mins at a time if I'm lucky. I couldn't exercise, my kids always asked mommy why are you getting big you don't look like yourself you look like another mommy not ours. It seemed like my husband was loosing intrest in me, and I really didn't wanna have sex because I might hurt worst. My back got really bad where they were talking about back surgery and I was only 25yrs old, I couldn't except that at all, I had to pray pray and pray.

So I agreed to have gastro bypass my doc said it might help out with my back and it did. I now have very little to none back pain Thank you Jesus!! Two of my disk slipped back into place so now I just have two more to go. I have only one boldging disk now and that's a big help!! So now I'm 85% better and am not going through all of that pain anymore! I am able to exercise, have tons of energy, high self esteem, higher sex drive, very confident within myself again, and now I can say I've been on both sides being plus size and skinny side.

Since the surgery my lowest weight was 126 and I wore a size 3 and XS which I looked really sick, so didn't look good on me at all. I now weigh 152 and its very good on me. Now I am back in modeling and I'm a spokes person for teens, women that are giving up hope because of their weight, etc. So for those I wanna say if you have already had the surgery or you are thinking about it!!

For myself I am going to try and loose about 10-15 pounds before I get pregnant so once I do get my tummy I wont pick up that much overall.

So I do encourage everyone that wants to loose weight to go for it. Atleast think about once you get pregnant you can't lose nothing all you can do is gain. Atleast now for us trying we can lose some and when we finally get our BFP if gain 30 pounds whole pregnancy, but lost 15 or more, really we only gain a about 10 so maybe we can save money on having to purchase new clothes. Just a little idea

ladies and feel free to ask questions I don't mind answering!!

User Image User Image

2 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

I had Lapband surgery and lost about 60 pounds but then it slipped and I had to have it removed. I'd do anything to have it back. Congrats on your progress!!

me: 27 bf: 38 | JAN 2012 - | MAY 2014 - | JUNE 2014 - | JULY 2014 - | AUG 2014 - | SEPT 2014 - User Image

12 years ago

Omg...i didn't know you also had it done! Well I guess we don't know unless we ask! That's wonderful you lost the 60lbs girl!! How did it slip? They can't put it back on for you now atleast until you get your positive sweetie?

User Image User Image

12 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo