Community post

Discussion

August 2018 Babies

View Full Post

I was in July but AF has arrived with a vengeance so I'm moving on to TTC an August baby.
Technically this is my 2nd cycle TTC. We started in spring and conceived right away but it ended in a loss. So the first month we were able to try again was October. DH is a truck driver so that makes TTC very difficult. My midwife called in BCP for me today, and I'm going to take them for 2 weeks to delay ovulation so that it will match DH home time for the next 4 months. I'm also Homozygous MTHFR and clotting disorder, so I am on baby aspirin, prenatals with methylfolate, and will start lydia Pinkham when I stop BCP. I need O to occur between Nov 24-29. Any earlier and we will miss it. We are swaying Girl, but only because they are harder to get (for us) and plan two more children total. I'll be happy with whatever we get though!

[url=https://lilypie.com]User image[/url]

829 Replies • 6 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by informative)

551 - 560 of 829 Replies | Last Page

Thank you ladies! I'll wait and see what my Dr says today before i decide my ovulation day. If they do an ultrasound im sure that would help! If the egg was already released then i would know for sure it was yesterday! we'll see.

@Beaut1ful I think you have a very good plan for this next cycle. I'm with you on the weight gain as well ugh. I keep thinking that is a contributing factor. I'm trying to eat as "clean" as possible but i also need to start working out more.

User Image

6 years ago

@Beaut1ful38. That sounds like a good plan with the cycle planning as it will ease the stress of TTC. Eat healthy but don't loose too much weight as I read that there should be at a certain weight to be able to carry a baby for 9 months (saw something on FB on BabyGaGa). Right now, I am trying not to turn into a CCA (Cervix Checker Adict ) as I keep wanting to check it but keep having to refrain in case I feel something (open cervix) that might set my emotions off.

User image[/url]

6 years ago

@ Dragonfly - There is a Tool on this website called the Pregnancy Test Timing Calculator. It goes off your ovulation date and tells you when the best time to test is. I think it probably uses a normal leutal phase and average implantation date to give you the best test dates. If you implanted early then I'd go back 2-3 days from what it tells you and try then. I would not test within 4 days of implantation as that could be way to early for me. You have to let that hormone build up! Some women get positives on 10dpo or 11dpo but I expect they have implantation early, as you might have. Good luck!

AFM I will not test until Friday December 15th at the earliest. That is my next expected period and I don't think I can handle testing early. I might have to wait until the 18th, which would be the longest cycle I've had and then see if AF comes or not. My cycles are much longer then yours though so you could test much earlier then me!

6 years ago

@FlamingoGirl13. Thank you for the information. I've done that in the past. I just thought there was an easier way. Will see how things go this week. I'm like you, don't want to test early if nothing happens and then at least you are saving a test. Should I change my countdown ticker as I am technically 8dpo and not 7dpo?

User image[/url]

6 years ago

@ Dragonfly - I would change the ticker so it's more accurate!

6 years ago

@FlamingoGirl13. Thank you again. I will change it so then I am not confusing myself. Now, just need to figure out what day I ovulated on.

User image[/url]

6 years ago

@FlamingoGirl13. Okay, so I have August and September added. Is there a way to search for forums that I commented on but has been longer than 48 hrs? Also changed my countdown ticker as well.

User image[/url]

6 years ago

@Dragonfly - You can use the search bar to search for previous forum topics. I've done that before. There will be a few ads for the results but then the forum topics show up below that. For example I just searched for July 2018 babies and there are four ads and then the forum choices come up. Good luck!

I see your new ticker! Are you going to test on Friday?

6 years ago

@FlamingoGirl13. I think I am going to wait till the day of AF that way I can save a test here and there. It will be tempting to test on Friday and hope I can hold out the urge. You are only a couple days behind me.

User image[/url]

6 years ago

@Dragonfly23 - We are super close and so is twwtoolong! We'd all have babies born within days of each other. The longer you wait to test the better chance of a nice big BFP!!

I want to be pregnant so bad right now. Does any one else get this achy feeling from wanting it so bad. I want these days to go by so I can test or get AF and start trying again. I always feel like I don't have enough time to get everything I want accomplished but then when I want time to pass quickly it goes sooooo slowly.

6 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo