Community post

Discussion

May 2018 Babies

View Full Post

Hi!

I didn't see a group for May 2018 babies; so figured I'd jump in a start one!
Let's chat and support each other during this cycle.
I'm currently CD#2; this would be my 2nd cycle of TTC after a 2nd trimester loss in April.

Here's to lots and lots of and for all of us!

And lots and lots of BFP's!!!

User ImageUser Image

762 Replies • 6 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by laughs)

731 - 740 of 762 Replies | Last Page

@dragonfly sorry meant to add, fingers crossed that was IB you got, keep us posted!

DD born 18th April 2015 DS born 1st May 2018

6 years ago

@GemStone2907. Yes, and then I moved over to July and then I think I got my BFP (posted) but it is still a pretty faint line so will keep testing. Just been feeling sick lately and no appetite.

User image[/url]

6 years ago

Hi ladies, how are you? Just checking in as it's been a couple of weeks, hope everyone is well :)

I'll be 17 weeks tomorrow, can't believe how quickly it's going! Have 20 week scan on 22nd December and Monday just gone heard the baby's heartbeat the first time :) not feeling too bad but had physio Thursday as already getting issues with my back and sciatica. Itchy tummy too as the skin is stretching, so smothering it in coconut oil lol! Have been feeling a few definite movements which is making it all seem very real now!

6 years ago

@Gemstone2907- Isn't it almost magical to hear the heartbeat?! I'm glad to hear that you are doing well but I am sorry to hear that you are having sciatica issues already. I will be 13 weeks on tues and my tummy is itchy already as well. I have been using extra strength lotion so far but am about to start using cocoa butter. My next scan is scheduled for Dec 13th, which is my birthday, and my Dr said we may be able to determine gender then. I can't remember, are you finding out the gender? I am so jealous that you can feel the baby moving. I definitely cannot yet, I had a quick scan last weds to look at the heartbeat and my baby was jumping all over the place but I couldn't feel any of it. It was moving so much that she had to wait for it to settle before she could see the heart rate.

6 years ago

@Prayingfor1 yes it really is, amazing to hear! That's exciting your next scan will be on your birthday and you also may be able to find out the gender! Do you have an idea of which it is yet? Please keep us posted! We aren't finding out, my husband wants to but I don't, would much rather keep it a surprise to the big day, I'm not sure what we are having, I think all my symptoms are the same as when pregnant with our daughter so it's another girl, but I keep imagining a boy... So we'll have to wait and see!

Thankfully since the physio session I've followed her tips and it's eased, sleeping with a pillow between my legs, got a lumbar support for car and work chair and not over doing it etc, so hope it stays manageable now!

6 years ago

@Gemstone2907- I hope the tips from the physio are helping and keep it manageable for you. I think it's great that you are keeping the gender a surprise, I would love to be able to do that but am way to excited to be able to. I feel like I need to know now! I think that if we have a second baby I would be more able to keep it a surprise but with this being our first I just have to know.

6 years ago

I feel like I am having a girl, that's what I keep dreaming about and thats just what I feel that it is. My in laws all keep saying they are sure it's a boy, which in my MIL's case I think might be because she always wanted a girl but they only had 2 boys. I think she will be jealous if it's a girl. She has been driving me nuts! She doesn't even seem to be that excited about it after the initial excitement when we told them. She hasn't once called or sent me a text asking how things are going or anything else but when we see them it's nothing but how I should be doing this because that's what she did and such.. She even told me that I need to stop buying things for it when all we have bought so far is the pack and play and that was only because it was such an incredible sale for black Friday! Oh well, we will figure it all out I guess...

6 years ago

Hi, sorry for a late reply, these last few weeks have been so busy! 19 weeks today I just can't believe how quickly it's going!

@Prayingfor1 yes I totally get why you want to find out and why most people do, but I also love the element of surprise! ;) Sorry to hear your mother in law is being like that. You think pregnancy and is such a wonderful and happy time, but some people do react oddly to it. Just do what makes you happy and feel comfortable, don't let her get you down, this is your happy and special time!

So guess you might find out the gender in a couple of days, let us know how you get on!

6 years ago

Hi ladies sorry I’ve been MIA. Hope you’re both well.
I’m doing fine. I’ve been having extra scans to check on the cyst which is shrinking thankfully. Last scan it had gone down to 6.5cm. I’ve not had any pains for a while so hoping it’s shrunk some more. I have 20 week scan on 18th December and they will recheck the cyst then - hopefully it has shrunk further and I hope I will be able to go back under the care of midwives.
I will be finding out the sex of the baby but it will be written secretly by the sonographer & secured in an envelope if they don’t mind doing that for me - so technically I won’t know. We’re hoping to be able to have a gender reveal party in the new year (rather than a baby shower) hoping it all goes to plan!!
Within myself I’ve been okay. Still getting random episodes of vomiting which is awful :( itchy bump and leaky nipples haha the joys! I’ve started trying to sort when I will leave work for maternity leave. Hopefully good Friday will be my last day at work. Haven’t decided how long I’ll have off work though.

User Image

6 years ago

@Tashuurr- It's so great to hear that your cyst is shrinking! I hope it continues to shrink and you can go back to your midwife. I really wanted to do the surprise gender reveal as well but was too afraid of my reaction if my MIL got too uppity.

@Gemstone- The time is flying by isn't it? It's crazy to think that you are already almost half done!

As for me, the baby did not want to cooperate fully and spent the entire ultrasound face down with arms and legs tucked in under. The ultrasound tech did manage to get a glimpse between the legs though and from what we could see it looks like a girl!! I am so happy right now! Now we just have to wait 4 more weeks until the next ultrasound to confirm that she is in fact a she before we do the reveal. We dont want to do it with the chance that it was wrong. Otherwise though we are both doing great and my dr is very happy.

6 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo