Community post

Discussion

July IUI/IVF 2014

View Full Post

TTC in July 2014

267 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by hugs)

141 - 150 of 267 Replies | Last Page

Texas, I agree with Essemkay. You had to talk this guy into a trigger shot and he's only tried Clomid so far, plus he missed your ovulation. You can do better. As far as what I'd have done, I probably would have cried and maybe cursed at him. I hope you at least gave him an incredulous look. I'm so sorry sweetie, I hope the rest of your week looks better.

9 years ago

He wants me to go back tomorrow for another scan. He said I am still ok if the 20 had grown.... he does not seem in the least concerned with the one which has already ruptured. He said one of two things will happen. 20 will.either get bigger, or it will get smaller. If bigger then iui still a go, if smaller then I am out this cycle..
What I don't understand is how can I still ovulate the 20 if one has already ruptured???? Right now I have major cramps, like bad enough for meds. Could the one that ruptured been a cyst?, and I am still ok to do the iui. I have no clue what tomorrow is going to bring??

9 years ago

Because you're doing meds, you're maturing more than just the lead follicle. It's not uncommon to sacrifice the forerunner to go for the stragglers. On a natural cycle, once you ovulate the lead follicle, there's no hope for any other follicles, but on a medicated cycle, it's a little different, although you don't have all the time in the world before they start reacting to the decrease in hormones. You will almost certainly need a trigger shot, though. But that's not a big deal - they're cheap and easy.

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

9 years ago

Thank you essemkay. I just really did not understand what was happening. I was so devastated, yet both the ultrasound man and the Dr did not seem to upset! I have such powerful cramps right now. I will get the shot, the Dr has it waiting at his office. I guess I have to wait and see what the scan tomorrow brings. I think y'all are right... time for a new Dr.

9 years ago

Pabby- Thank you for the information on SART. I checked my clinic and the most current year available is 2012 and for women with unexplained issues under 35 years of age.. it was 7 out of 11 cycles got pregnant. That's only for 2012... prior years there were different results. Good resource. THANK YOU! Something to think about in case these IUIs don't work for us.

Me: 30 DH: 33 TTC since June, 2012 "unexplained infertility" Femera & Ovidrel trigger shot Feb. 2014, March 2014, April 2014 IUI with Femera & Ovidrel - May 2014 IUI with Femera & Ovidrel - June 2014 IUI with Femera & Ovidrel - October 2014

9 years ago

It's official. IUI #1 was a bust. :(. Meds have been ordered and IUI #2 scheduled for the 26th if follicles look good and I can trigger the day before. My worry is that that's only cd 12. Is that too early?! The nurse said they will do three iui cycles and then we will meet with the Dr. again to see what's goin on and get a new game plan. My HSG went well. Both tubes looked great. My AMH level was 6.22 which I was told was really good and my thyroid levels are less that 2.5 which is where the Dr. wants them. DHs count was 85 million post wash. What could it be?!

9 years ago

Good luck with everything Texas. I pray that it works out for you one way or another. I also agree with the other ladies in that it might be time to look at other doctors.

I don't go to an actual RE for my stuff. I go to my regular Obgyn who also specializes in Infertility. I don't think we even have any RE's that are a reasonable driving distance away for that matter! I'd likely have to get to Omaha or maybe Minneapolis to see one!!!

I still feel like shit today. I am 3dpiui and 5 dpt. Tonight I will start the progesterone and will even more so feel like crap. Man I hate that stuff.

9 years ago

Jessph, I'm sorry. I think the first failed IUI is the hardest because you just know that once you get medical science involved, all will work out. And then when it doesn't, you're left hanging. Unfortunately, even with everything being perfect, your shot with IUI is still about the same as anybody else going at it without assistance - maxing out at about 20% and going down from there based on age and other issues. But your numbers sound terrific, so keep your chin up - it will happen for you!!

And throw what you know about cycle day out the window. It doesn't apply to medicated cycles. With meds and triggers, you are only concerned about size, E2, and LH levels before (and progesterone after). Your "regular" cycle days mean very little.

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

9 years ago

Sumerian and all of you ladies taking progesterone suppositories, try the Soft Cups, they have worked really well for me to keep all of that goop where it needs to be and not in my underwear. You still have to clean them, but then you only have to deal with the mess twice a day instead of all day long.

9 years ago

Soft cups? Are those the little bendy cups that you use instead of pads or tampons?

If they are, I am totally freaked out by them. LOL Crazy? Yes, I know!!!! Idk why they freak me out, but they just do :/

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo