Community post

Discussion

Over 40 & TTC anyone in my boat???

View Full Post

Hi Everyone,

I am 44 this year and am TTC, I got married back in 2012 to my DH... We had a MC back in 2011.

I have 2 daughters for my previous married aged 20 & 16 with we love dearly.

I had been on the POP Cerazette/Cerelle for about 2 years and have hear so horror stories about not having AF etc...

Well I had been one of the lucky ones so far, I came off POP Jan 29th 2014 & O on the 13th.
Then on 15dpo AF came.

I guess I had mixed feelings as we are TTC but was still happy that we are in the game.

Anyone in the same boat?

Please share your stories

746 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by informative)

721 - 730 of 746 Replies | Last Page

Hi,
I've not been part of this conversation but wanted to wish you luck

7 years ago

Thanks, Kerzie!

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

7 years ago

Good luck Essem! Please keep us informed of the progress.

User Image

7 years ago

Het ladies. I wish you all blessings.

<a href=

7 years ago

Tomorrow is the big day Essemkay. Prays being sent your way.

So I'm day7/8 since transfer and broke down and took a home test, sadly it was negative. Last time around I got a positive on day 6.

I've had only a few cramps, and nothing more. I'm feeling very discouraged. This is my last chance and it seems my journey is ending with my one and only positive that I miscarried last time.

Perhaps frozen embryos take longer to show up?

My first beta will be Wednesday.

7 years ago

Kizmo1121 » Perhaps frozen embryos take longer to show up?

I have heard that sometimes they take a bit longer to get going. But no matter what, you can't go by last cycle - implantation is always based on that particular embryo's time table, not anything really to do with you (like you can't be a person that always implants early - you may always have early implantation, but it's chance not something specific about you). Don't give up - I'm crossing everything for you!

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

7 years ago

Had my transfer this morning, 1 embryo - and now I start the dreaded 2WW!

7 years ago

Prayers for you. Try and keep yourself busy to keep your mind off the wait.

<a href=

7 years ago

I pray all is well for you Essemkay!

I did a home test and again it was negative. I just did my blood draw and now wait to see the results. I'm feeling pretty down right now.

As one can imagine this has caused a strain to my marriage and I'm not certain it will withstand this negative test.

I'm not sure what the next steps will be for me and it bring tears of anger and sadness. I'm still struggling with the loss of the baby just a short time back and try to understand but I have no answers.

Its in his hands now...

7 years ago

Oh, Kizmo1121. I'm so very sorry! Holding out some hope for your blood test and sending you all the hugs and support I can!

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo