Community post

Discussion

Over 40 & TTC anyone in my boat???

View Full Post

Hi Everyone,

I am 44 this year and am TTC, I got married back in 2012 to my DH... We had a MC back in 2011.

I have 2 daughters for my previous married aged 20 & 16 with we love dearly.

I had been on the POP Cerazette/Cerelle for about 2 years and have hear so horror stories about not having AF etc...

Well I had been one of the lucky ones so far, I came off POP Jan 29th 2014 & O on the 13th.
Then on 15dpo AF came.

I guess I had mixed feelings as we are TTC but was still happy that we are in the game.

Anyone in the same boat?

Please share your stories

746 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by informative)

631 - 640 of 746 Replies | Last Page

Unless my test was defective (which is entirely possible, and just my luck!) it's no typo. And with my shorter cycle since the Depo shots wore off, I very well may be stuck with a short luteal phase. (Something I've been worried about, but my Dr. brushed aside saying that it will lengthen over time as my body gets back to it's normal rhythms- something that according to him can take up to 2 years or more when you come off the shot. Yay.)

I'm hopeful that this just means my body IS going back to its normal rhythm- as with a 28 day cycle AF would be showing up Sunday or Monday. On the 21 day cycle I'm 3 days late. My last ovulation was Cycle day 11, but this one was cycle day 16 so they are indeed getting longer, I've been off the shot since May 2014, and we waited 6 months (Novemeber) before even trying.

My Dr. told me that I am in way better physical shape than most women he sees who are half my age, and he doesn't think there should be any problems other than my lack of patience. And therein lies the rub. I'm trying to be patient. I'm trying to let nature take its course. But then I look at all these calculators, symptom trackers, calenders, note sheets, TWW comparisons- it really is making me mental I think! O.o *insert maniacal laughter here*

I'm just glad that my husband is an understanding sort, and that you ladies are here to always somehow just say the right thing to pop my brain back into the correct place. Thanks guys- you're the best!!!

Anyone else have any news- things to share- vents/rants? I want to think about you guys for a change!

Much love, hugs and baby dust all around!

9 years ago

Usually, if you have a shorter cycle, it means you ovulated earlier. Let's hope that's the case with you. Because what cycle day you ovulate can fluctuate wildly (although it usually stays relatively regular) - you could ovulate on cycle day 8 or cycle day 88 - both would be perfectly fine. But luteal phases usually stay nearly constant, rarely changing more than a day in length - and they MUST be over 10 days long or you are not getting pregnant.

AFM: I have no idea what day past ovulation I am - either 6 or 8dpo. My opks and temps aren't agreeing. But it hardly matters, becuase my husband was really sick for an entire week during that critical time. Possibly, we got a little sumthin sumthin 3 days before ovulation based on the opks. Based on the temps, it was 5 days before ovulation. So pretty much hopeless for this cycle. I only have 2 more cycles of clomid left, so I'm pretty frantic.

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

9 years ago

babyangel things are sounding excited your way hun keep us updated xxx

9 years ago • Post starter

I agree with essemkay that is a really short and not viable luteal phase.

Do you chart? with charting and opk's you can predict a more accurate ovulation date.

The other thing you can try is Clomid its lengthened both my follicular & Luteal phase by about 4 days.

Worth a visit to the doctors hun xxx

Hello! Cupcake - I know it's hard to keep calm with all the charts, stats etc. Shoot I'm tracking on 2 different sites! LOL We all know how overwhelming it can be so we feel you there. Please don't let your cycle length stress you out. Just try to relax and have faith that your body will do what it needs to do. Don't stress about the 2 years comment. Like you said the doc commented on what great shape you are in (kuddos btw) and no body is the same. If it is really bothering you there are treatments for short luteal phase so it may be worth it to look into those options or to even get a second opinion. You are in control here girl.
Essemkay - don't be frantic! Do you have the option of mire Clomid from your doc or were you told this was it? I was on Clomid for 3 cycles, but no more.
Thanks Karlou honey! ATM - I had my first and hopefully last IUI yesterday then bd this morning! Hubby was like...Hello, I'm lovin this! LOL I'm more relaxed than I thought I would be so that's good. Can't test for two weeks now on doc's orders! I had two follicles of size and I felt horribly bloated with those Gonal-F shots, but feel good now. Hubby has been praying for twins! LOL

User Image

9 years ago

Well, I am pleased to report that my cycle has now lengthened to 26 days. That is great news for the future. The not so great news is that AF showed up yesterday. *sigh* Why is it that when you are already somewhat disappointed, you have to deal with cramps and backache on top of it? *growl*

But according to all the charts, we can start trying again in a few days so this weekend will be, erm... Exciting. ????

My husband has even gone and gotten some Pre-seed. Hey, whatever works. If he is interested in being proactive, I certainly won't say no!

How are you ladies doing?

9 years ago

Just know that with pre-seed, less is more. Have fun!

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

9 years ago

Good to know! Thanks! :)

9 years ago

I am keeping everything crossed for you babyangel xx

Hey cupcake how are things hunni? yes I agree with essemay... it gets a little crazy down there lol.

I didn't use the recommended dose I think I use about 2 and that was too wet tbh...only used it a couple of times.

Good luck with this months play time though, lets hope we have some going on this page.

Good luck ladies xxxx

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo