Community post

Discussion

May IUI/IVF

View Full Post

For those doing an IUI or preparing for IVF in May 2015, regardless if first or last child.

246 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by likes)

61 - 70 of 246 Replies | Last Page

YEY - I am spotting - I guess AF will be here soon so I can get my next IVF cycle going :) I will be starting Lupron on the CD#21 of May cycle (or arround that day)

Me: 31 DH: 32 TTC #1 September 2014: 1st IUI - BFN October 2014: 2nd IUI - BFN December 2014: laparoscopy and hysteroscopy - RE removed endometriosis and septum in the uterus. January 2015: 3rd IUI - BFN March 2015 - 1st IVF - we transferred 1 embryo and froze 1embryo - chemical June 2015 - 2nd IVF - we transferred 2 embryos and froze 2 embryos - User Image

9 years ago

Hi ladies - so after trying to resist for long, I tested again just now... Ugh... Clear blue digi... A big fat "not pregnant"... Just need to vent out... It's says on the package 97% accuracy 2 days before expected period... My period is definitely due Monday and today I'm 11 DPO... I'm so frustrated ... Someone please tell me there's still hope... The instructions can't be so wrong on the box right... Gosh why did I take that test... I'm so dumb to do that.... Waste of emotions, time, money... It was not the first morning urine... And it was less in quantity... There's hope right?

Basia - I wish you all the best for IVF!

9 years ago

Momtobeeeee - I had a positive pregnancy test on Wednesday. Lighter yesterday. Nearly non-existent today. That's why I'm thinking it's a chemical.

Also, digital tests have higher threshholds than line tests. Also also, implantation can occur anytime from 6dpo to 12dpo, which means it's possible that it hasn't happened yet. And yes, generally in the early days, you want to use first morning urine as it is more concentrated.

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

9 years ago

@mom- I personally think you are testing too early. Digitals test at 50 iu i believe which depending on when you implanted, your HCG might not be high enough or over 50. I didn't get a positive until the day of my beta if that makes you feel any better.

9 years ago

Lschrader - thank you so much for the reassurance... You've given me some hope... I pledge not to test till 13 DPO... It's just an emotional journey... And then 14 DPO I'm going for beta... (Tired of waiting)

Essemkay - once again sorry to hear about your chem pregnancy... Now I understand how to tell them apart... Thank you... And thanks for the reassurance...

Both of your comments have helped... I'm really very impatient now.l. And wanting to know soon.

This forum is very helpful.

9 years ago

Ladies have faith. As much as you want to test ealry throw those tests away and wait til actual af is due. This is out of our control. Stress plays such a huge facor and symptom spotting doesn't help.
Go on with life relax enjoy it.

Now If only I'd take my own advice ...ugh.

Just did my first iui and really tried not to think about it. And didn't test ealry. I went for blood work and it's negative. Waiting for af to show up to start next iui cycle.

Why oh why does the wait feel like a lifetime

9 years ago

Momtobe, i hope you see the positive too. I believe that it is soon to test. Check the test's sensitivity. The most sensitive are the ones of 10 miu/ml.
Essem, i am so sorry for the chemical pregnancy. I can imagine how you feel!
What are your next steps?
Basia, will you have to start the meds when you ll be in poland?
As about the insurance, because it is public they are very strict. The clinic only can mqke the appointment sooner and i may tell the to do so. But first I want to be sure that i have the time to do all the exams before the appointment.

9 years ago

kethryes - I am trying still to get all the info from the clinic but as far as I know I will have to start injections on CD#21 - which is few days after I get back :) so that works perfect - hopefully this plan does not change.

Me: 31 DH: 32 TTC #1 September 2014: 1st IUI - BFN October 2014: 2nd IUI - BFN December 2014: laparoscopy and hysteroscopy - RE removed endometriosis and septum in the uterus. January 2015: 3rd IUI - BFN March 2015 - 1st IVF - we transferred 1 embryo and froze 1embryo - chemical June 2015 - 2nd IVF - we transferred 2 embryos and froze 2 embryos - User Image

9 years ago

Momtobeee—fingers crossed your overnight cold symptoms are a good sign!! Let us know how it goes! About your RE…I don’t think anyone should give reassuranes like they are facts—that’s kind of a slippery slope. Although I’m definietely hoping she’s right! I would rather hear percentages of potential success…i.e.: “10% chance this month”, of course that too is an estimation but it would help me gaugue how excited (or not) to be.

Basia—hahaha your post made me laugh!! Enjoy :) And enjoy Poland if I don’t say it before you leave!!

essemkay—I’m sorry :( Can you go in for bloodwork to know for sure?

9 years ago

First time posting here, had iui on May 6th. Last cycle ended in a chemical pregnancy. I am 2dpiui and having dull aches but nothing significant. With my chemical last cycle I had period like cramps through out the 2 week wait. Just needing some people I can relate with. Good luck to everyone on here. THX!

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo