Community post

Discussion

Confessions of the Infertile Woman

View Full Post

Hi ladies. I know I'm not the only woman here who has fertility problems and sometimes feels very alone.

I'm only in my fourth month of ttc but I've been told by my doctor that due to a deformity of my uterus I may have some serious problems staying pregnant (if I'm ever blessed enough to even become pregnant). I will know more though after I get an mri tomorrow.

Anyway, sometimes thoughts pop into my head and then I feel guilty for thinking such negative things. I fear that if I confess these feelings to other people that they will judge me as a bad person or as insane as some of these things are irrational.

But I know I can't be the only one who experiences this.

So I thought I would create a thread where we can confess our frustrations and negative thoughts that we have regarding our fertility problems. I want this to be a place where we can freely express our emotions without anyone judging, just supporting.

Basically, I want a group therapy page!

So let me start off by giving some of my own confessions:

~When I see pictures of my friends' pregnant bellies, I feel jealous and angry

~I know I'm supposed to believe that God is testing me, but sometimes I feel like he is punishing me

~I get angry when I see people that don't take good care of themselves (much less their children) having babies when I can't.

~I judge other mothers as being less deserving

~I have constant nightmares about having miscarriage after miscarriage which cause me to wake up sweat drenched

~I feel like a failure as a woman

~I fear my husband may one day resent me if I can't give him children

~I fear this is somehow all my fault

~I hate myself for not being able to really be happy for my friends who have been blessed with children

~Sometimes the only way I can cheer myself up is by thinking "Well at least I won't lose my sexy body as quickly as my friends."

So many dark thoughts cross my mind sometimes and I was always a very happy, positive person before.

What dark thoughts do you have that you feel you can't share with anyone else?

User Image User Image User Image

288 Replies • 13 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by hugs)

241 - 250 of 288 Replies | Last Page

Kristine,

I am so sorry you are feeling so angry and sad right now and I know that it doesn't help that I said that.

I think taking time to yourself and just worry about you is a great idea. Maybe a week, a month, or even longer. When you emerge from this time alone, things will look different to you. I would try to hold off on ending your marriage until you can take some time.

In the meantime, when you are ready, take a look at this article on webmd I found about clearing out your tubes. http://www.webmd.com/infertility-and-reproduction/fallopian-tube-procedures-for-infertility

From an outsider perspective, not knowing all the details of your particular body, this problem does NOT seem hopeless. THEY CAN CLEAR OUT TUBES! When you have taken some time, take a look. There are options. I don't think it is impossible unless you have no ovaries or tubes. It is not easy, but it doesn't seem impossible.

But your marriage is a separate issue all together. Take some time, self reflect. We can't offer you a solution for your relationship.

Whatever you decide, we will be right here. more than anyone else, women on this thread understand the F*ing painful process this is!

13 years ago

Hi ladies,

Bens - I was intregued by the web information you have found, it does sound promising but I know in the US you do have to pay or see if insurance covers this type of treatment but at least there is aprocedure to unblock tubes. technological advances are beneifical for fertility treatment. I have had a laporoscopy to remove endometrisosis and it doesn't take long to get back to your normal routine a few days and thats it.

AFM - I have been very emotional and moody poor DH barely lived through it lol but I feel like is going to turn up later today or tomorrow.

to you all xx

xXx Yasmine xXx User Image User Image User ImageMake a pregnancy ticker

13 years ago

Yasmine-Awww hun you aren't a terrible person for feeling how you felt so try not to feel too guilty. We all have felt like that at some point. I'm so sorry for your friend's loss, but try not to be too hard on yourself for it. As for cramps, I've been having cramps that feel just like AF so don't count yourself out yet.

Kristine- I'm praying for you that things will work out.

Rachel- I really hope the clomid does the trick for you! I agree though that avoiding facebook this weekend may be best (and maybe even avoiding church). Mother's Day is a dreadful day for women with infertility issues that I would recommend ignoring it as much as possible. I will be praying for you.

I hope you don't mind if I continue to troll this thread just to give support and to see what's going on so I can keep my prayer list up to date. You all have done so much for me, I want to be there for you. But if anyone ever wants me to keep quiet, I will respect that too.

User Image User Image User Image

13 years ago • Post starter

You are always welcome in this thread Aisha! You started it! LOL. You know how we all feel.

*~* Rachel *~* Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

13 years ago

I totally understand how you ladies aree feeling. I am so angry right now and dreading tomorrow. Of course, I do have ds, who is 10 and was actually conceived while on bc, but I can't seem to understand why he was such a surprise and now, I can't get pregnant to save my life. I have done a lot of reading on PCOS and natural ways to treat it. Even though my doctor is planning on putting me on metformin after the hsg as long as my tubes are clear, I have no idea when the hsg will actually be scheduled. His receptionist was calling the surgery center the other day trying to get the procedure scheduled and it seems the specific room they need for the procedure must be booked solid. I swear it is going to be a month before I get my hsg. I read that cutting out dairy and eating a low-carb diet helps PCOS greatly. Being Italian, that is going to be very hard on me, but I feel I have to do it. I am on day 2 of the Serafem for depression and the only difference I have noticed is that I am not crying uncontrollably. I am still crying, but not as much. I know these things take a while to really get into your system, but it kills me that I even have to be on an antidepressant in the first place. I still don't want to leave my room and have no motivation to do much of anything. I am not even doing anything while I am hiding in my room-just laying in bed, occassionally getting out my laptop and looking at some things, petting the cats when they come to visit, that is all. Other than that, i am laying in bed staring at the 4 walls. I tried putting a movie in, but anything on the tv just becomes backround noise.

~Lisa~

13 years ago

Hi ladies!

Kristing - I am so sorry for all the problems you've been having both with ttc and your relationship! I really hope things turn around for you no matter what path you choose.

Yasmine - I hope af doesnt come!!

Aisha - Dont be silly you started this thread of course we want you to stick around! We value your input!

Ugh, I am so dreading mother day tomorrow!! My 8 yr old nephew told his mom that he thought I should go out with them tomorrow too cause I was kinda like his mom too! SO cute!!! However, the LAST thing I want to do is go out tomorrow... I plan on hibernating and working on my bathroom all day! (My Mom is out of town so it will just be a normal day at my house.) Really hope he doesnt ask me to go with them!!

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

13 years ago

Lisa, you shouldn't feel bad about having to go on an antidepressant! I have been on them since I was 14 and they had to raise my dose a couple of months ago because I was so depressed about not being pregnant. I have OCD, but even if I didn't I know that I would need an antidepressant to help me get through this. It will take the medicine at least 4 weeks to really build up in your system. You should feel much better by 6 weeks. Even with my antidepressant I have to take the occasional Xanax to get through a really hard day (never during the TWW, as it is harmful to a baby). Depression is a medical condition, not something that you can just "snap out of." Infertility is probably the hardest thing that any of us will ever go through. You have to do what you need to do to survive.

I am dreading tomorrow. I am going to tell my hubby that I just cannot handle church tomorrow. It is just asking too much from me. I am celebrating with my wonderful mother tonight. I know that this mothers day is bittersweet for her because she knows how hard it is for me. I feel so lucky to have such a supportive mom. I couldn't get through this without the love and support of my family.

*~* Rachel *~* Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

13 years ago

i have hydrosalpinx, nothing can be done except ivf which is not covered here in b.c. i have NO chance of EVER becoming a mom. why me. i can't get my head around this and people tell me to not give up hope,but everytime i have hope i just get dissapointed... nothing goes right in my life.. this is the only thing i want in life and would sell my soulf for this but alas even the devil doesn't want my soul...

13 years ago

aroma - Aw sweetie I am so sorry to hear that. That's horrible. i know there is nothing anyone can say to make you feel better I just really hope things start going your way soon. Dont give up on being a Mom, cause I know you would be a great one. If you absolutely can't have children, then perhaps you could look into other ways of becoming a Mommy. I know it's not helpful and it still hurts, but there are lots of kids out there looking for a family to love them.
You are such a strong person, you will get through this as tough as it is and as impossible as it seems right now.

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

13 years ago

thanks expecting, but ya it doesn't help.. i looked into adoption but that is also out of the question as that is just as much or more than the ivf... why is it soo unatainable. the government puts your chances of being a mom so outta reach and its not right or fair... wish i could win the lottery but even if i did i could probably do ivf 100x over and it would never take...

13 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo