Community post

Discussion

Confessions of the Infertile Woman

View Full Post

Hi ladies. I know I'm not the only woman here who has fertility problems and sometimes feels very alone.

I'm only in my fourth month of ttc but I've been told by my doctor that due to a deformity of my uterus I may have some serious problems staying pregnant (if I'm ever blessed enough to even become pregnant). I will know more though after I get an mri tomorrow.

Anyway, sometimes thoughts pop into my head and then I feel guilty for thinking such negative things. I fear that if I confess these feelings to other people that they will judge me as a bad person or as insane as some of these things are irrational.

But I know I can't be the only one who experiences this.

So I thought I would create a thread where we can confess our frustrations and negative thoughts that we have regarding our fertility problems. I want this to be a place where we can freely express our emotions without anyone judging, just supporting.

Basically, I want a group therapy page!

So let me start off by giving some of my own confessions:

~When I see pictures of my friends' pregnant bellies, I feel jealous and angry

~I know I'm supposed to believe that God is testing me, but sometimes I feel like he is punishing me

~I get angry when I see people that don't take good care of themselves (much less their children) having babies when I can't.

~I judge other mothers as being less deserving

~I have constant nightmares about having miscarriage after miscarriage which cause me to wake up sweat drenched

~I feel like a failure as a woman

~I fear my husband may one day resent me if I can't give him children

~I fear this is somehow all my fault

~I hate myself for not being able to really be happy for my friends who have been blessed with children

~Sometimes the only way I can cheer myself up is by thinking "Well at least I won't lose my sexy body as quickly as my friends."

So many dark thoughts cross my mind sometimes and I was always a very happy, positive person before.

What dark thoughts do you have that you feel you can't share with anyone else?

User Image User Image User Image

288 Replies • 13 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by hugs)

181 - 190 of 288 Replies | Last Page

Ok ladies, I need some help figuring this out.

So on monday and tuesday, I had clear/sticky CM - not a lot, but it was slippery when I wiped. But no big globs or anything.

Then weds and thurs my Cm wasn't sticky at all. It was mushy, again slippery when I wiped, but not stretchy at all.

So at this point I assumed my fertile window was over.

So then last night, I went to wipe and there were globs of sticky, egg white CM. So of course i made DH .

What do you girls think? When do you think I O'd????

I am so confused!!

13 years ago

hello ladies,

its good to know that im notthe only one with mean thoughts. i have been ttc for 9 months months now, and no baby. im doing everything i can with the exception of using the right lube. i came across something called Preseed. its a sperm friendly lube. im going to buy sum and let u all know if it works.

this has been a long, depressing journey. i never thought that it would be this hard. i have two beautiful children by a deadbeat. we were not married (thank God). but 2 years ago, i met and married the most wonderful man. he is a great guy in every sense of the word. he has 1 daughter, but her mom never lets him see her at all. the look on his face when she sends him a pic message of his daughter is enough to make even the hardest of men cry. so i thought why not give him a child that he can see everyday of his life. he was cool with that. besides, he's good with my two kids..

this began my journey. im at my witts end, though. i even went to the doctor and had tests ran. he says that everything is normal and i shouldnt have a problem with conceiving. he was oh so wrong. he said that if i dont get pg in a year to come back and see him.

im so frustrated and nervous at the same time. in 2008, i had a miscarriage. sometimes i think that may have been my last shot. the doctor couldnt tell me why i lost the baby. this angered me. when i went back in October 2010, i asked if the miscarriage could be the reason im not pg, he said no.

i dont understand what the problem is. but i end up having really mean thoughts as some of you all had, like:

-when is my time coming?
-is it something im doing wrong?
-i see girls that havent even turned 16 with huge bellies
-i cant stand to see women who constantly have abortions, with big bellies
-im tempted to have my tubes tied
-i conceived both my kids while i was on bc, now im not wtf?

its really frustrating!!! sometimes i secretly get mad at dh because he's not frustrated at all. i told him that i fear he would leave if i couldnt give him a child. he says that all he wants is me, but does he FEEL differently? it seems like this has taken over my life. i dont even take an aspirin for the migranes i have, in fear that maybe it will complicate things even more.

its really comforting to know that i am not alone, and there are people i can talk to about it. so i just want to thank the woman who started this topic, you are truly an angel in my eyes. i wish you all the best! im always looking for tips and other things that may help out in ttc, so if i find some more i will definitely be posting them.

baby dust to all!!! and remember, PRAYER CHANGES THINGS! i dont know if any of you have ever read the bible, but there is a scripture that says, "if you have faith the size of a mustard seed, you can move mountains". meaning, if you even have just a little faith, you can overcome this issue.

also, one thing that i do is, i speak to my uterus..lol i know it sounds weird, but im willing to try almost anything nowadays. i nust tell it to prepare itself for the baby that will soon occupy it, and that it needs to hold that baby until i reach full term. i do this every night before i go to sleep. just a little experiement...

good luck ladies! and if anyone wants to message me with questions, im on here frequently throughout the day

User Image

13 years ago

Hi ladies im back. thank you for all your prayers and positive vibes. things are looking up for our little community and DH brother is pulling through. Thank GOD for that.

i havent had time to catch up on yalls posts yet but i will.

AFM- i just took a HPT and it was an evap (i hate equate brand test) but im only 7-10 dpo so still keeping my fingers crossed.

i pray that all you ladies get your BFP this cycle.

Shea Soy Cycle1- Soy Cycle2- Soy Cycle3- "For nothing is impossible with God" Luke 1:37

13 years ago

Hi ladies!

Just wanted to stop in and say hi.. I dont have a lot of time to respond. How is everyone doing?

Jamie - I think I would proably say the day you had your eggwhite cm would be o day (possibly even the day ater ewcm??) Good luck hun!!

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

13 years ago

goodmorning ladies.

welp another day and another BFN for me . i feel like im out this month . i was really hoping this was going to be the month since i took that soy and actually ovulated. me and DH even BD every single day for 1 1/2 weeks around fertile time. im just so emotionally drained right now and i dont understand that why after 3 friggin yrs i cant have a baby! its so unfair. i think my temp dipped this morning also so im not going to be shocked if AF is on her way. i hate to be such a downer but i know i can vent on this thread.

how are all you ladies doing? im sending much love and baby dust yalls way!

Shea Soy Cycle1- Soy Cycle2- Soy Cycle3- "For nothing is impossible with God" Luke 1:37

13 years ago

Nursejones:
I am soo sorry for your frustration and difficulty..... it can be so heartbreaking to go through this struggle over and over. Don't feel bad about venting... we are all human and it is better to go through the emotions and let them out then hold them in..... I feel the same way each month when AF comes too! Here is a hug to you and hang on ..... keep trying.... We are here for you!

Well, for me it is O week and I am actually excited because last month we couldn't try since my dh was overseas..... so I am actually excited to poas today with an opk.... how crazy is that- that is the highlight of my day- poasing! Well, I am happy to be ttc again and hopefully my hsg gives me a little boost this month for a bfp!! Here's to hoping anyway!

13 years ago

Shea- *hugs* It almost feels like being back at the beginning again, hey? Fresh hope, trying something finally new, with good results, and still Big Fat Nothing. I feel for you honey.

Try and keep your chin up though. You aren't out yet and you know the soy works. If this isn't your cycle, get back in that saddle and try again. I believe that clomid's successes are mostly on the third cycle, so maybe soy is similar. Keep hopeful this will be your ticket to motherhood.

cjp- good luck with your opk's and clean tubes. :)

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

13 years ago

Hi ladies! Sorry I've been MIA with a family emergency.

I'm kinda busy and way behind on all of your posts so I hope you don't mind that I don't respond to each of you individually. You are all in my prayers though, no matter what.

Joanie-

Shea- We are all here for you, hun.

Quiet Storm- Welcome to the thread. I'm glad you found us and feel that you can express these things here. It may interest you to know that Joy (Expecting2Expect) and I talked to our ovaries this past cycle as well as to our dhs' sperm, maybe we need to add talking to our uteri as well?

I think maybe I need to name all of my lady bits. Maybe that will make them more confident.

AFM- Since I wasn't sure if I was 16dpo or 7dpo I just tested and got a so I'm now saying that I'm definitely 7dpo. This is slightly disappointing only because I was super excited thinking AF was three days late.

As for infertility confessions, have you guys ever heard the song "Unpretty." That's pretty much how I have felt since ttc, metaphorically speaking of course...

User Image User Image User Image

13 years ago • Post starter

Thank you lisser and cjp.

lisser- you hit the nail right on the head. looking back on it im like "wow....three years....of absolutly nothing" sometimes i feel like im wasting my life striving for something that probably will never happen. im sure you know where im coming from you always do

cjp- GL hopefully you will get your BFP soon.

13 years ago

aisha we must have been typing about the same time. im sorry for your BFN and i hope you get your BFP soon!!!

13 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo