Community post

Discussion

Starting clomid, anyone with me? Can I get a hell ya! Part 5

View Full Post

This is for all the ladies out there who are using clomid to help conceive. Feel free to express your every emotions and remember you can never give TMI, we are all on the same page and have heard it all! So welcome to the group!

User Image

309 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

21 - 30 of 309 Replies | Last Page

Thanks babylove! I love your positive attitude:) Are you changing cities? I love moving, I think I might be the only one, but I love new homes and new possibilities! And I don't think I've lived in a house for more than 6 years, ever, so maybe that's why. I've embraced change so much so that I crave it now lol. What is your hubby studying?

User Image 5 rounds of Clomid (1 chemical) 2 rounds of Femara + IUI (1 chemical) 4 rounds of Femara, Clomid, Menopur+IUI (all BFN) 1 IVF in January=

11 years ago

Hi hopefullll We will be moving to another city in the next little while and then another province (we live in Canada) next summer. I don't mind moving either but I love my house-I wish I could pick it up and take it with me!! My husband has 3 more classes and a 3 month practicum and then he will have his Bachelors of Social Work. I'm very proud of him. He's been working full time and being a full time student for the last 4 years-it's been tough but will be so worth it very soon !

User Image

11 years ago

Hopefulll- I'm so sorry for your loss. It's so hard! I hope you have some people to give you lots of hugs! I hope your next IUI works and that we see a positive result for you soon!!!

Babylove- We just barely did a move, too. It was so hard, but great once it's over. Good luck with everything! And congrats to your husband for finishing his degree

AFM- I didn't do Clomid this month because of the move, but I think I actually ovulated anyway. I had really sensitive nipples around day 17, and that only happens when I ovulate. So, I'm about 9 DPO today. No other symptoms, so I don't think I'm pregnant, but that was still a nice surprise. We're going to plan a trip to Disneyland for October if I'm not pregnant. So that's at least something positive that can come from a BFN. The trip is what has been driving me since April. I will have to find something else to be my drive once we do the trip!

TTC #2 naturally after infertility treatment for #1 User Image

11 years ago

Hey babylove, I live in Ontario! I have several friends who completed that program too and are now working for CAS. Opens a lot of doors having that degree:)

Thanks Felurian:) The lovely thing about Clomid is that it can linger in your system for a while so that's great that you o'd on your own! Woohoo! Fingers crossed for ya!

Here's a little fun fact for everyone: Apparently last month was a record high for pregnancies in a lot of fertility clinics. They are calling it the "50 shades of Grey" effect, lol. Strange eh?

User Image 5 rounds of Clomid (1 chemical) 2 rounds of Femara + IUI (1 chemical) 4 rounds of Femara, Clomid, Menopur+IUI (all BFN) 1 IVF in January=

11 years ago

Hi everyone!
New here. But not to TTC! I recently had my first round of Clomid. Going on Sept 8th for blood work to make sure I O'd. So nervous about going the med route. I have 2 LO's conceived naturally w/o planning & Im still trying to figure out why it is SO hard to actually plan this last one! I was diagnosed with PCOS last July and tried to overcome it on my own. For awhile it worked. I lost weight and started having regular cycles (wohoo) but then the weight lose stopped and my cycles got crazy again. I will say, I am still pretty shy to admit I needed help to have a baby. Im sure in time I will accept this "help" Especially when I see my BFP! Good luck everyone!
Im on CD10 and plan on starting to BD tonight then EOD! Anyone close to my cycle?

11 years ago

Hi Rkn Mom- welcome to the forum! There are a few ladies on here also going through secondary infertility, including myself. I agree it's very frustrating when it happened the first time and now it's a struggle. I think we secondary infertiltiy ladies often take longer to seek help because we assume it will happen again. Either way, we're all the same here so feel free to talk about anything and everything:) How are finding Clomid so far? Any side effects? What dose are you one?

11 years ago

Im glad Im not a lone wolf when it comes to secondary infertility (I didnt even realize it had a "name") I even sat on my script (of metformin ) for 6 months before diving into it. I sometimes feel like I "gave up" when I said yes to Clo. But it really softens my heart when I see others struggle like I do. I have a "natural" way of life (food I eat, shampoo, cleaning products etc) so it was hard to finally pop those pills. But now that I have started, Im very very excited about my chances increasing! And sooner!
This was my 1st dose at 50 mg from CD3-CD7. I didn't have many side effects. I felt a little tired but nothing I couldn't handle. I finished my dose on Monday, and NOW Im feeling effects (which is crazy) Im pretty nauseous and soooo tired. idk why...maybe b/c my body has enough estrogen now (b/c of the Clo) to release an egg? meh. I haven't had a positive opk yet. Im on CD11 so just waiting on that. :)

11 years ago

Hey ladies! I am on my 1st Clomid cycle, just had my last pill. I am on 50mg on days 2-6.
I also have secondary infertility. We have been TTC #2 for 3yrs 7 months.
I did conceive last year but miscarried in May (blighted ovum at 13 week scan).
So 1 year on from miscarriage we finally got to see the infertility consultant! All the test results were fine aside from me not ovulating

So, the plan is I try 50mg and have blood tests to check for ovulation. If that doesn't work next month I am on 100mg.

The Clomid hasn't given me any weird side effects, I had a headache for 2 days but I usually get one with AF anyway.

Daisypath Christmas tickersLilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers Clomid cycle #1 Clomid cycle #2 Clomid cycle #3

11 years ago

Hello ElleKJ:) I giggled when I saw your little angry face because I knew exactly why you put it there. I felt the same way. I miscarried and thought, well at least I know I can get pregnant again, then waited a super long year only to get the news that I wasn't ovulating every cycle. Geesh! What a waste of a year, right!? What cycle day are you on?

Rkn- I hear ya hon, I think we all sort of feel that way at one time or another. Its a tough pill to swallow(no pun intended) knowing that you have to put something foreign in your body just to help it do something that it should be doing anyway. I promise you it will get a lot easier when you start seeing your body react and feel how it's suppose to, i.e, periods being on time, cervical mucus, ovulation pain, etc. As for the symptoms, they usually kicked in for me a few days after my last pill. I say "kicked" in past tense because I've recently switched from Clomid to Femara. Just wait till you get a dose of "the crazies" lol. A term I like to give to the feeling of total anger/confussion/sadness all at the same time . It doesn't happen to everyone though but if it does you are sooo not alone, many of us ladies on here have had our moments.

Anyway, lots of ovulation dust to both you gals!!

11 years ago

Welcome, new ladies!

TTC #2 naturally after infertility treatment for #1 User Image

11 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo