Community post

Discussion

Starting clomid, anyone with me? Can I get a hell ya! Part 5

View Full Post

This is for all the ladies out there who are using clomid to help conceive. Feel free to express your every emotions and remember you can never give TMI, we are all on the same page and have heard it all! So welcome to the group!

User Image

309 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

191 - 200 of 309 Replies | Last Page

Interesting read:

Progesterone levels after ovulation (midluteal, middle of the second half of the cycle) in a nonpregnant patient are generally at least 8-10 ng/ml. Much lower levels usually mean you did not ovulate.

Progesterone levels are usually well below 5-10 ng/ml without ovulation.

If you are pregnant, progesterone levels are usually at least 10-12 ng/ml to have a better chance of a good pregnancy outcome and most doctors like to see progesterone levels around 16-18 ng/ml or more though there are many successful pregnancies with lower levels.

http://www.babymed.com/fertility-tests/progesterone-levels

User Image LMP - 01/09/2012, 50mg fertomid from CD 3 - 7, O = 15 Sept, on 27/09/2012 Missed Miscarriage at 8wks and D & C performed. LMP - 09/12/2012, 50mg fertomid from CD 3 - 7 (very short and light cycle) LMP - 18/12/2012 (debating if I should take fertomid again in this cycle) - 8 January 2013 and confirmed with bloods on 10 January 2013

11 years ago

I have read very similar on many fertility sites which is why I am so confused about the Dr saying that a level of 20 means no ovulation.
He didn't offer any other explanation, nothing. He just said I hadn't ovulated and to go up to 100mg of Clomid next cycle.

11 years ago

Well I will be thinking of you and praying for your next cycle.

User Image LMP - 01/09/2012, 50mg fertomid from CD 3 - 7, O = 15 Sept, on 27/09/2012 Missed Miscarriage at 8wks and D & C performed. LMP - 09/12/2012, 50mg fertomid from CD 3 - 7 (very short and light cycle) LMP - 18/12/2012 (debating if I should take fertomid again in this cycle) - 8 January 2013 and confirmed with bloods on 10 January 2013

11 years ago

Thank you ladies for encouraging words. We are excited but Don't want to get hopeful with first round. Would be such a blessing even though!:-)
I'd prolly CRY ,Scream,Run out side with the stick screaming to neighbors I am PREGNANT! LOL Jk...Would be awesomers !!
Still only "side effect" is sore boobies,mood kind of swings...
Oh have any of you dealt with your Gland in your left hip/groin swelling and hurting! I know I may have said my ovary but researched it and seems to lower than ovaries. Thankfully! But didn't like Results of reasons of swelling and ect.But I have faith and I have prayed for my health and husbands! I am not the kind that won't take advantage of the Smart human beings GOD created(DOCTORS) So I did ask him,he wasn't to concerned so...I'm happy but it hurts! LOL
BEST WISHES & prayers for you all! Keep your head high,STAY POSITIVE,Be active! <3

User ImageUser ImagePCOS/#1 BABY BLESSING BLISSUser Image User Image My Ovulation Chart

11 years ago

Hi ladies- I've never posted on these things before, but just thought I'd reach out! I started clomid (50mg) yesterday... I'm pretty hopeful at this point. Although, I'm sure everyone is on their first try. Just curious when side effects (if any) should start from the clomid? I'd love to hear success stories too... just to keep up the positivity!

11 years ago

Oh good Lord! That's it! I am vowing to never miss a day on here! Sooo many posts and I feel terrible because I want to comment on all of them but have a heck of a time remembering every post lol. Forgive me ladies lol.

Welcome Babypbaby! Yes, I would say that most if not all of us have huge hopes for the first cycle and some of us get lucky too:) Hopefully this will be the first and only cycle for you but if not, don't sweat it, it will happen. As for SE's, I didn't have too many. I had a few headaches and felt ovulation bloating for the first time in my life. Bloating and some mild pain seem to be pretty common. How long have you been trying and what cycle day are you on?

Kethryes- You are welcome hun!

To the ladies doin the OPK's, I hope you get some super dark lines, I know it can be super tricky to read sometimes. I know they cost more, I strongly suggest going with the digitals. By them on ebay, much cheaper.

Babylove- Yeah cycle buddies! I will try to keep this short: First off, do not be nervous, it's a breeze and there are some lovely perks with IUI. One of the perks is all the monitoring, yes, it does suck to have 3 or 4 ultrasounds but you will get to know your cycle like you've never know possible lol. Now, I'm not too sure how your experience will be in terms of how they play to check for ovulation but in mine I have daily blood taken to check for LH surge. On cd 3 you go for blood work and ultrasound to check how many follicles you have to start. They will be super tiny and lots of em. Then you don't need to be monitored in any way until cd 11(for most women) in which you will then do blood work and ultrasound again. This time to see how many viable follicles you will have. Then for the following 4 days you will only need blood work (some doctors rely on OPK's) to check for LH surge. Once this is picked up in your blood your clinic will call and tell you to come in the next day for IUI. When you arrive you will grab a "special cup", go into a private room and give your man some eye candy a hand (wink wink lol). After turning over the goods to the lab, it usually take about an hour for the sperm to be washed. Then the rest is literally no different than a PAP. They will take only the good sperm, put it in a syringe with a super tiny tube attached to it and slide it through your cervix (you will not feel this). Then they inject the swimmers in. You wait 10 minutes with your legs up and you're done! That's it! The lovely thing about IUI is that they are able to put 10x more sperm into your cervix than would be there through regular intercourse. Pretty amazing i think. So, I hope that's not too much info lol.

AFM- just waiting lol

User Image 5 rounds of Clomid (1 chemical) 2 rounds of Femara + IUI (1 chemical) 4 rounds of Femara, Clomid, Menopur+IUI (all BFN) 1 IVF in January=

11 years ago

Morning ladies,

I am super confused this morning.

Yesterday on a wim due to VERy sore breasts and much fuller breasts I took a HPT and within 3min there was the slightest positive. I was shocked and checked it for the next hour then threw it away as I thought I was imagining things. How could it possibly be positive or even slightly positive. Its one of those early detection which can detect up to 5 days before your period is due.

Anyway Dh went to get a test after 11pm last night to satisfy his curiosity. We decided we would take one this morning and I did. However it was not an early detection one and well it was negative.

So now I don't know. I need to get my bloods done today but also completely forgot the referral from the Doc, so have to go home during the course of the day then back to be tested.

Are false positives common?

11 years ago

BABYPBABY-This was my first cycle of clomid...the only "side effects" I had after day one were SORE BOOBS.On 4th day-5th day soreness went away. 3rd day very moody or so Husband claimed I was a Mean-A all day lol..Some times I even had trouble sleeping or SLEPT A LOT! But that's just me. Could be TOTAL different for others.

My question is...When should I start OPK'ing? I already BBT and Check CM daily I started CLomid (first day) Sept.17th-21st. From my PERIOD it was CD14-18th.But again I remind you MY DR..Gave me the go ahead to start them and "PRETEND" it's CD5-9. I calculated to start testing on the CD11-18th(Sept.23-30th)
It's 3 days AFTER last pill of Clomid^
I go for the Progesterone test Oct 3rd -THE PRETEND CD 21 I believe.

User ImageUser ImagePCOS/#1 BABY BLESSING BLISSUser Image User Image My Ovulation Chart

11 years ago

Thanks ladies! So far, no side effects.

Hopefulll-- Today is CD5, so I'll be taking my 3rd pill this afternoon. I got off bc in February, but haven't had a regular cycle since. I've only really had 2 cycles and I'm pretty sure I wasn't ovulating. Enter, clomid.

Genni25-- my doctor told me to take clomid cd3-7 and start doing OPK's from CD11-20. And to have intercourse every other day on those days. Hope that helps. Not sure if that's what every doctor says, but that's all the info I have!

Has anyone taken that GNC Fertility Blend along with clomid? I have it, but I'm not sure if I should take both. Or what about grapefruit juice? I've read stuff about it, but not sure if it will interact with the drug. ???

11 years ago

babyPbaby- I wouldn't suggest taking anything that claims to help ovulation or shorten cycle. I remember when I started Clomid my doc told me not to take Vitex which claims to do all of the above. He said to take fish oil, baby aspirin and a prenatal.

Genni- when you should start solely depends on when you ovulate. If you arent sure when that is, I would suggest starting 2-3 days after your last pill is taken. Better safe than sorry I think.

So, I have noticed that a lot of you ladies do not have a countdown tickers(the lovely little windows of info under posts) I think it would be neat to see where everybody is in their cycle so we don't have to keep asking and can better answer questions of when to test and such. You will find them under tools and tickers, two spaces to the right of questions & answers. Just and idea lol, you don't have to:)

User Image 5 rounds of Clomid (1 chemical) 2 rounds of Femara + IUI (1 chemical) 4 rounds of Femara, Clomid, Menopur+IUI (all BFN) 1 IVF in January=

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo