Community post

Discussion

Starting clomid, anyone with me? Can I get a hell ya! Part 5

View Full Post

This is for all the ladies out there who are using clomid to help conceive. Feel free to express your every emotions and remember you can never give TMI, we are all on the same page and have heard it all! So welcome to the group!

User Image

309 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

161 - 170 of 309 Replies | Last Page

Rkn- I'm so sorry to hear about AF, I had high hopes for darker lines:( *hugs*, chin up for the next cycle girl, it'll happen

LindsayTom- When is your birthday? There are a few of us in September here! I'm super jealous of your number of follicles, that's awsome! I speak for us all when I say that we've all been there with having to watch family and friends conceive so easily. It's hard to be 100% happy for them when your heart is aching to have one or your own. We all get it here and it blows for lack of a better word. I wish you the best of luck this cycle:)

Kethryes- bleeding changes with clomid I find. Also, bare in mind that clomid thins your lining so there will be less lining to shed during AF. That's my take on it anyway but definitely check with your doc.

ElleKJ- My birthday was the 14th, I saw someone wish you a happy b day so Happy birthday! when was it? Great news that you ovaries are doin their thing, fingers crossed that you get two lines soon:)

Genni- no worries girl, nobody will think lowly of you on
here and there is no such thing as TMI on this forum:)

Kmison- I had fairly long cycles too and found clomid shortened them by about 10 days or so. Also, you doc may have suggested ttc right away because the first few cycles after a m\c tend to be more fertile. My doc was the same way and told me this. Good luck to you!

Hbarrios- I've had a leaky tent too! Totally ruins the experience lol. Good luck this cycle:)

Felurian- big hugs , yes, they do pop up on us all and had round couple of days too. Just know that this won't last for long and one day this will all be one long story to tell a friend going through the same thing someday:)

AFM- been a crappy couple of days. Had an IUI this morning with the worst post wash count yet at 3.9 million which is brutal. Needless to say, twas a bad morning. Then, two days ago, my recently separated brother told me that he and my former sister in law had two abortions in 4 years. It was like a dagger in the heart! I just got really angry inside and wanted to scream to the heavens, whyyyyyy!? How can someone be so lucky to conceive when they don't even want it?? Anyway, I'm over it, sort of, but it burns my ass to think that I confided in this girl about our struggles to conceive when she was just killing my family members right and left, Grrr. Pleeeeeease, if there are any ladies on here who have had abortions or family members who have, I am not trying to offend you, I'm just bitter due to the circumstance, it's nothing personal. Anyway, i'm not feeling too pumped this round due to the count but wish me luck anyway ladies!

User Image 5 rounds of Clomid (1 chemical) 2 rounds of Femara + IUI (1 chemical) 4 rounds of Femara, Clomid, Menopur+IUI (all BFN) 1 IVF in January=

11 years ago

oh, and to any other ladies I missed, good luck this cycle!!

User Image 5 rounds of Clomid (1 chemical) 2 rounds of Femara + IUI (1 chemical) 4 rounds of Femara, Clomid, Menopur+IUI (all BFN) 1 IVF in January=

11 years ago

Just a quick update from Australia :D

I'm on CD21 here, have just had my bloods done so now it's the wait for the results *sigh* I'm very impatient :S

Also about 8DPO. Not 100% sure as OPK's on CD11 & CD12 were +.
Other than being really tired, I don't really feel any different... I guess it's normal to want to feel SOMETHING, anything! Lol.
I had bad cramping for a few days after O but now, just tired and lots of creamy white CM (sorry, TMI) and for some reason, my cervix is so high that I can't reach it :S

Also wondering if you girls know if leaking breasts is normal? I felt like something had been spilled on my shirt the other day and realised that I was leaking... Wet patch on my shirt :s
Thank god I was home and not out!

I don't know if these kinds of things naturally happen on Clomid, and so many websites say different things so I'm taking it a day at a time and hoping that AF doesn't show, due in about a week.

Will keep you ladies update, good luck to you all xx

11 years ago

Morning ladies,

On CD 9-11 I have postive OPK's, but since then nothing. According to my Doc I should have O'd on CD14/15 but doesn't seem like anything. I know I didn't O before that because on my CD12 check up and my eggs/follicles whatever they are called were there.

So maybe I am going to O late, who knows. I pray that I'm still in this month and that we recieve good news.

Will go for progesterone test on friday and then see for once and for all if something has happened.

Till then Dh and I are BD'ing daily.

User Image LMP - 01/09/2012, 50mg fertomid from CD 3 - 7, O = 15 Sept, on 27/09/2012 Missed Miscarriage at 8wks and D & C performed. LMP - 09/12/2012, 50mg fertomid from CD 3 - 7 (very short and light cycle) LMP - 18/12/2012 (debating if I should take fertomid again in this cycle) - 8 January 2013 and confirmed with bloods on 10 January 2013

11 years ago

@ hopefullll - Thanks!, I'm 25 Sept and wedding anniversary is 24 Sept, so this is a great month.

Now that I read about bad cramping on CD12/13 I suffered from terrible cramping which I said to Dh felt like AF cramps. It was terrible. Could that mean something. Could it mean that I O'd on CD12 after my check up or maybe CD13? I'm just trying to be hopeful here.

It really is sad, abortion. I know some woman feel that it is their only option and thank goodness we have can make such decisions but personally I don't believe in it. And thats cool, we all are allowed to have our feelings.

I have not shared my TTC journey with anyone really. I told my Mom and sister about seeing Doc but thats about it. Shared similar with my Mom group but nothing about all these ups and downs and frustrations, I just don't think everyone understands.

User Image LMP - 01/09/2012, 50mg fertomid from CD 3 - 7, O = 15 Sept, on 27/09/2012 Missed Miscarriage at 8wks and D & C performed. LMP - 09/12/2012, 50mg fertomid from CD 3 - 7 (very short and light cycle) LMP - 18/12/2012 (debating if I should take fertomid again in this cycle) - 8 January 2013 and confirmed with bloods on 10 January 2013

11 years ago

GOSH! gone one day and i miss everything!

lindsaytom - thats hard to not really have any support through this tough journey! i know for me its tough bc my family lives across the country! but my pastor & his wife had a long journey so they have been really helpful. we are all here for you and no one knows better than us! pour your heart out! we'll listen :)

kellie89 - have you had leaky breasts before? this sounds weird but i have that problem a lot. the doctor had to check my prolactin levels to make sure it wasn't attributing to my infertility. But i will definitely be praying for a BFP!!

hopefullll - i'm sorry your count was low! that stinks! as for your brother/SIL and their abortions, that would kill me too...i can sort of relate. my little brother caled after my last fertility appt to tell me that he and his ex-wife(who botha are big crack heads :S ) were expecting...so yeah. i think its okay to be pissed when people who don't want babies get them. i'm just praying this will be jesus in their life.

felurian - i'm sorry your heart breaks! i will be saying special prayers! as for your show, have you checked hulu plus? i know they have lots of BBC programs.

AFM - i am having crazy back pain! is that normal on the clomid? does that mean i'm preparing to O? a few headaches here and there, although that maybe bc its been raining NON STOP! we need it though...say a prayer for all the farmers in the middle of the US....we've been having a rough time of it and prices are being affected. start OPKs tomorrow! hopefully i'll catch the egg! but i'll just be happy to O!

the Lord be with all you wonderful ladies!

TTC Phytotherapy 10/12 Clomid 9/12 Met 5/12, 3/08 MC 6/08 DX w PCOS "For nothing is impossible with God" - Sarah, mother of John the Baptist, said to be barren

11 years ago

Not often, no.
I did during my third trimester in previous pregnancies but since I stopped breast feeding my daughter I haven't had any leaking of any sort.
My OB is due to call in the next few days re: CD21 Bloods so I'll mention it to him then just to be safe.
I know breast changes are normal wether it's due to pregnancy or PMS, but they are freakin' huge! Plus, bulging blue veins and the leaking, but not sore at all. It's really got me stumped.
Surely it would be way too early for it to be a pregnancy symptom so for now, I'm blaming it on either the clomid or AF on the way.

I'm refusing to get my hopes up, it's just not worth the disappointment.

11 years ago

Rkn_OH_Mum: I am so sorry that you are dissapointed....I Wish you good luck for this cycle!

ellekayejaye: I think progesterone levels are different for each woman. Reasons of high levels could be the clomid but also the release of more than 1 egg. Did you ask the doctor?

kmison:

felurian: Why did you break down? At which day of your cycle or DPO are you?

hopefullll: sorry for asking... but i am not a native English speaker... what to you mean with lining to shed!
I am sorry about your brother and your sister in law! I know what you mean! They should have been more careful with the protection.
Good luck with your IUI. Your post wash count isnt so bad. I think there are cucceeded cases with less than 1 M. post wash count. I really wish you the best.... I am sending you my hugs!!!!!!

11 years ago

hbarrios: i dont think i told u about why my hcg levels were so low, according my dr. she is calling it dumb luck but it has happened twice now, so not too thrilled with that answer! My progestronge was only 1.8 second but by the time she gave me a supplement i think it just postponed the inevitable by a few days. I don't know whats going on...im hoping i just O late in cycle and clomid will help with that and give it more time to stick! Plus she mentioned a HCG trigger to make me ovulate and be able to time conception better...has anyone had one of these??? and what was ur prolactin level by the way...bc mine was like 22 and she said normal is below 20 but she wasnt concerned at time of testing hormones but that was also before my 2nd mc.

And i get the disappointment and how hard it is to be happy for those who abort or get pregnant and cant take care of the babies or all they do in their lives is drugs and live off the system...i have a cousin like that who ended up pregnant with her 3rd baby the same time i was mc ing my 1st time...i got her a gift but couldnt bring myself to attend shower bc i felt like it should have been me... couldnt help it!

Well nothing exciting with my ttc this month, kinda taking a break i guess until i start cloimd....so this may be the only month i am SO SO SO ready for AF just so i can move on to clomid!
GOODLUCK ALL !!!

11 years ago

Hey y'all, can't sleep so here I go lol.

Kethryes- lining is another simpler word for endometrium(lining around the uterus) , or the stuff that gets thicker as your cycle progresses. The lining is where your fertilized egg will eventually implant itself into and we shed it every month as a period. For some ladies, me being one of them, Clomid can actually prevent the lining from getting nice and thick which is essential for proper implantation. So when you hear gals on here "sending sticky vibes", its a hope that the baby will stick to the lining. Some ladies report having lighter periods on Clomid and this is said to happen sometimes because of the lining not being as thick as usual. For ladies with two or more miscarriages, the lining is usually the first thing measured via ultrasound. Hope that helps! There's sooo many terms on here and a million different ways to say the same thing, it can be confusing, I'm glad you asked:)

AFM- thanks for the kind words ladies:) Love the support here and it actually inspired me to start a face to face support group in my city! So, I hope in a few days I will get some replies and hopefully meet some gals in my area going through the same thing. I'm going to keep my head up for this IUI to work so for now just putting in time. Are any of us on or close to the same cycle day? I'm on 15 today

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo