Posts by HappytoTTC

Success stories  

A friendly and supportive place to meet and share with women from all over the world. Ask questions, share in discussions, journal your thoughts and post helpful information.

Posts 1 - 10

Success story

Preggo with irregular cycles!!!

Hello ladies,

First, I have to tell you that I have really irregular cycles. They could be anywhere from 30 to 50 days. I was not diagnosed with anything, so perfectly healthy, just very irregular.
We were now TTC #2 since August 2010...and my cycles have been 41, 46 & 46 days. The 4th cycle, we conceived.

My first BFP was on January 27th (CD 38) with an extremely faint line on Clearblue. I was very skeptical, but hopeful, and on the 28th I had a faint but clear BFP on FRER (and FRER does not lie, it tells the truth no matter if positive or negative). Then on the 29th I took a digital to confirm and a beautiful PREGNANT 1-2 came up, I was extatic and very excited to tell my DH.

My symptoms were not very clear this cycle.
I had a lot of lotiony CM, sometimes running to the bathroom to see if AF was there, had very itchy nipples, very cloudy urine ever since ovulation...a clear temperature dip for 2 days because of implantation, and very high temps right after (between 99 and 99.5F). I was also a little more thirsty than usual, and no appetite reallly.

Now, I feel very tired, and in the morning my stomach is flat and then at night it is veeery bloated...

For the first month TTC, I did not use any OPKs, but I wasted a ton of HPTs...
For the second and third month TTC, I used lots of OPKs...and then tons of HPTs...and I find it was super stressful and dissapointing.
For the 4th month trying (and the month when I got preggo), I decided not to use ANY OPKs...to verify my temps (and I didn't do it at the same time every day upon waking...so it was more or less accurate), started using HPTs since January 18th and got my first suuuuuuuuuuper faint BFP on January 27th. What did we do different this month? We did not calculate anything for BDing...we made it fun...every 2nd or 3rd day...with no break...and IT WORKED!!! :-)

I also used "mind games"...in the sense that I took out a picture of me when I was pregnant with my DS...and I placed it right next to my laptop (easy since I work from home, so nobody cares what I put on my desk). I also took out my 9 ceramic elephants that my best friend gave me that represent fertility & good luck. So did these "mind games", as I call them, work? I don't know, but I am preggo rigth now and that's what counts!

I did learn something out of this experience...that I have to be more patient. I was so desperate to see that BFP, and it was right around the corner!!!

For all of you trying to conceive right now, I wish you tons of baby dust, and mostly patience. It is a game that we can not decide upon...but what you can do, is BD as much as possible and try to make it fun! For us it worked!!!
Good luck!!!
xoxoxoxo

0 Comments      

Latest 13 years ago

No more pages