Community post

Discussion

If 1 more friend announces they are PG I'm gonna scream!!

Ok, I gotta vent. Every month, more and more friends/colleages are getting pregnant and it is getting really hard to not burst into tears when they tell me.

A couple of months ago, I was at work, went to the toilet and AF had just arrived . . . 10 mins later a colleage announces she is pregnant, "wasn't really trying, cant believe how fast it happened". Think I did escape and have a that time.

Next month, the day I get AF and head out to the shops to pick up some tampons . . .I run into an old friend from school, "Hi, oh I know I'm huge, only 1 month to go" "When are you having kids?"

This month, I saw an old colleage who got engaged a week before me, married 2 weeks before, and is now 2 months preg . . . . I was hoping that pattern would continue but still no BFP for me.

Sorry for the miserable post, but sometimes it is hard to keep your head up . . . . . oh well, TTC cycle 9 here we come!

15 Replies • 13 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 15 Replies | Last Page

My sister in law and myself were sitting at a craft show during the summer and were talking about how great it would be if we could be pregnant at the same time. At the time I had been ttc for 5 months. Later that month I found out I finally got my BFP. It ended in an ectopic. A couple months after that my sister in law finally announced she was pregnant ( she didn't want to announce it until after she was sure she was past the danger zone because she has had 2 miscarriages). We had the exact same due date. EXACT. Now guess who is being voluteered to plan her shower next month.

13 years ago

I know guys, its so stressful.
I know many a people that just "whoops" got pregnant. People who have never tried to concieve def dont get it.

I have a friend that has 2 kids and knows NOTHING about ovulation, her cycle, the 2 week wait.....none of it.

She just has sex and there you go...shes prego! I don't get it!!!!

It can be sooooo annoying. I try to remember that my time will come.

User Image

13 years ago

I am so sorry Evelyn! I haven't had a miscarriage or been trying for that long, but even before me and DH started TTC I got so jealous whenever I found out that someone was pregnant. The ones that really got to me where the young, unmarried girls who just had an "oopps!" or the newlyweds who weren't even trying. Why can't it be that easy for the couples that really plan for the future of their child and have the ability to provide?

*~* Rachel *~* Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

13 years ago

I know what ya mean. I see these 16 year old girls on tv that get pregnant accidently! How can they get pregnant so easily . Then I see some of them that don't even care about there children. Why did they get preg in the first place if they don't even care!?!? I keep on seeing pregnant women everywhere! At first I never noticed! Where did they all come from ?

13 years ago

Can i just ask whats wrong with not being married?? Im not married, im 20 years old, been in a relationship for five years, been TTC for 19 months, 6 weeks pregnant and couldnt be happier! I would like to marry dp one day but i dont need a ring or a piece of paper to know how much he loves me.

Sorry to have a go, its just i felt like you were saying im not worthy of being blessed with a baby because im not married.

Please be careful what youre saying, people can be offended.
Thanks.

Roxi ~x~

After 19 months of hard work ;) we got our User Image

13 years ago

Im there with you guys! It sucks. i work with the public and i swear for the past month 4 of my clients have come in to announce that they are pregnant. i'm 34 and im getting really frustrated with all this crap!!! Why can't i just get a bfp,i don't get it. its been 13 months of ttcing and im really starting to lose faith and hope. i try not to think about it but i can't and when someone comes in too tell me they are preggers,i get that punch in the gut feeling,want to cry but feel i must congratulate my client and put on a happy face. im tired of putting on a happy face. i want to smile for the reason of being pregnant not fake it anymore.....

13 years ago

I feel the same way. Of course, we are not to the point where we are REAL technical about it...yet, but we are counting days and I am checking cm and my cervix. We have a lot to learn. Now that Christmas is coming, I am looking at sale ads nearly everyday and find myself nearly in tears when I see maternity clothes or baby stuff. A girl at work is pregnant with triplets and another already has twins. They both rubbed my belly today for good luck. AF is due on the 28th, but I am testing Christmas morning. If it does not happen this month, I will be buying opk next month!

~Lisa~

13 years ago

You are right Roxi! I'm a 20 year old newly wed, and I do not have any luck on getting pregnant imediatly. I have no problems if people are married or not. Everyone has the right to live there own life. It just hurts seeing everyone with babies............. [heart

13 years ago

Oh wait I'm 21!! I just turned 21!!

13 years ago

Hiya ladies

I know what it's like to have a case of the sour grapes, and it's absolutely excrutiating at times. I have a lot of pregnant people come into work and it's very hard for me not to get jealous, especially when they tell me they only just started trying or something similar. On the bright side, a lot of ladies tell me that they had been trying for months or years (one even for 11 years) so I know there is hope!

I've just had a huge blow last night though where I found out my sister had become pregnant to her ex and she aborted it. I broke down cursing the universe because she didn't want to get pregnant and I have been trying for many months now. It just didn't seem fair to me. My partner has said not to compare the two, which i know I shouldn't but yeah, it still was, and is, a pretty major blow.

So while it can be frustrating and upsetting, we all need to stay positive and believe that our turn is only around the corner.

Lots of love and baby dust to all you ladies, and believe that your time will come. Xxxxx

User Image

13 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo