Community post

Discussion

Complimentary Therapies

DH and I are starting our 2nd round of IVF in about 1 week, and are going to try some new things

As support for this next cycle we are adding accupuncture (for me), relaxation massage (for me) and for DH, 3 high antioxident fruit smoothies per day (saw a show on ABC that did an experiment showing that high antioxident fruit smoothies can improve sperm quantity/quality/DNA structure quite dramatically) Even if they dont work, cant be bad for him!!

Has anyone tried any of these therapies to aid in convieving?

4 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

Hi,
I have just started acupuncture for fertility (i'm on month 9 ttc) after becoming so frustrated with our lack of bfp and unexplained infertility.
I have had 2 sessions of acupuncture after my 2nd natural IUI - but I am in the 2ww so have no results to share with you.
I will say that I have been very happy with the sessions and appreciate the way the whole body is considered and balanced.
Also, I put my partner on zinc to boost his sperm :)

Good luck to you - just make sure you tell them you are ttc because there are pressure points than are contraindicated for fertility.

12 years ago

Hi Evelynl -
Have you gone for IVF yet? How are the alternative therapies going?
I thought I would update you with my own progress - I am on cd1 today after getting a + on a hpt, and a - blood test 4 days later, my cycle arrived late.
I will repeat acupuncture this cycle and maybe seek out a massage as I approach ovulation for stress.
Best of luck.

12 years ago

Thank you for the replies. that the acupuncture helps us all get our soon enough!!

shojoji , sorry to hear about your chemical, it must be very disappointing after the excitment of seeing your 4 days earlier Have you been TTC long?

I am on CD5 of my 2nd IVF treatment. Down regulating at the moment and due to start stims on 22nd Nov. Yay! Cant wish the next few weeks away quick enough

12 years ago • Post starter

Hi,
delayed reply after being without power for 3 days here in new england.
we are on month 10 ttc. it has had it's ups and downs and at that start of my next cyce I tend to want to throw in the towel but it doesn't last.
my next acupuncture appointment is tomorrow. and we are trying the hcg trigger but aren't eligible for clomid bc of this previous cycle.

keep posting with your updates. and hopefully some of the additional therapies will be aid in balance and relaxation for a successful bfp this month.

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo