Community post

Discussion

HELP!

ON October 20th I got my first SLIGHT positive listed on my profile! Then I kept getting negatives. On the 21st with FMU I got another slight positive, along with complete negatives the rest of that day. SO because I live on a bae I could not see my PCM for a good two weeks. So I decided to get my blood work done at the ER. When it came back i had NO HCG. The Dr. said it could be caused by a blighted ovum, which is what caused me to get a false positive. Well he we are on November 1st and I am 10 DAYS LATE for my period. I did another dollar store test about 4pm on the 30th just in case I ovulated late or something weird but it was negative.

My husband and I really want to start trying again. This would be our 7th cycle. I have NEVER missed AF, and the longest I have ever been late was 5 days. I do not even have cramps like I am due for my AF. My husband and I tried to bring on AF with the BD, but nothing.

What do I do now? Do I start testing for ovulation even though no AF? How late can I be before I can start getting nervous? Not sure how to handle all of this :/

Thank You ladies, ANY help is greatly appreciated!

2 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

If I'm understanding this correctly, and you had a blighted ovum, then your body hasn't taken care of it naturally yet.
When I had a missed miscarriage and was going through the options with my doctor, he told me it could take weeks to let nature take it's course. I chose medication to help encourage things along rather than wait weeks.

I'm so sorry you're going through this. No woman should have to.

User Image

12 years ago

It may take a while for your cycle to come back after either a blightes ovum or chemical pregnancy. My 1st MC in march at 8 weeks it took af 8 weeks before it returned. I had another early losst in august and this time it took 6 weeks to return. Be patient it will return.Its hard i know, but once it returns it will be easier to track your cycle again. Good luck

User Image

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo