Community post

Discussion

HATE the 2ww with a passion! No idea when I o!

View Full Post

So... I have 3 kids - age 10, 4 and nearly 3.. I'm currently either in the 2ww or I'm about to 'o'... I have a 28 day cycle, bleed for 5 of those.. I'm pretty sure I o earlier than CD 13-14 (judging by conception of my 2 youngest - my eldest was a surprise and walked away knowing the gender at 24 weeks, thinking I was about 6 weeks when I went in for the dating scan haha)...

So I could've Od anywhere from CD 8 on wards... currently on CD13...

I should use OPKs so I can pin-point to be honest, hate the uncertainty.

My partner and I aren't trying per se, but we've never used anything in a year - for a reason.. He suffers(ed) with incompetent ejaculation - basically, he has never ejaculated during sex the entire year we've been having sex - save for 2 lengthy (sorry if TMI) hand-jobs - he's had some kind of mental block.. Until this month, and has ejaculated 3 BDs off the bat (CD 7, 10 and 12!).

Whilst this is great - I had concerns that a) we wouldnt be able to ever have a child naturally together b) I had a chuff like a wizards sleeve from the previous three c) he's overcome whatever mental block he had (outlook for imcompetent ejaculation is very poor and intensive sexual therapy intervention is the only way to overcome it) - we're not quite ready for a baby together - in another 3 years would be ideal..

That said, if I do end up pregnant at the end of this cycle, it will be a blessing and we'll definitely manage and work it out somehow - and as my youngest is about to start nursery in September this year and my 2 eldest in full time school, what would I do with myself? I'm a mother, that's my calling and that's all I;ve done for the past 5 years - be a full time mother.

If I'm not, a job it is - which I also secretly hanker after, as a full time mothering has be climbing the walls on most days! I love my kids, but I miss the social side of having a job and the satisfaction of a days work/my bank balance at the end of the month!

My partner is in his first year of university - 2 more years until he graduates - so again, not ideal because he studies alot and is on placement much of the academic year (he's doing a nursing degree)...

Oh I don't know... I just don't know. My AF is due on the 13th of May (my daughters 3rd birthday) and my partners 30th birthday is May 12th - the day to take a HPT if I were to have Od in the middle of my cycle. It's so close, but still seems so far away!

I HATE THE 2WW!!!!!!!

12 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

11 - 12 of 12 Replies

NOT pregnant, after a few days of BFPs on FRERs and various other tests - the last one actually being this morning, the lines are slowly fading away - FRERs, CB Easy and CB Digi were all obvious BFN with FMU this morning - although I did receive a very obvious BFP with Superdrug test this morning and yesterday afternoon (pictures in my HPT gallery)..

I'm now wondering if perhaps I have any ovarian cysts - or worse, something more sinister like lung or breast cancer.. Those two cancers are actually warnings in the pregnancy test leaflet - because it detects such low amounts of HCG, and both of those cancers can secrete detectable amounts within the range of the test.

I'll await the arrival of AF any day now and then I'll do a few tests to rule out chemical, but if I still receive positives on the Superdrug tests then I'll be making a visit to my doctor to rule out cancer and check for cysts..

So now I'm more anxious about my health more than anything and glad I'm not pregnant. I think once the second semester of university is over, I'm going to be looking into tubal ligation, as having a baby post-March 2017 will severely financially detriment us and we couldn't afford to have a baby.

I'm fine leaving it, as I have three children, although I do worry my partner will leave me as he has no children and it's only natural he would eventually want some - but I wont be able to offer him that..

I wish my 2013 baby had worked out, we would have managed and this wouldn't even be a consideration... Such a shame..

I didn't even especially want to go through another C-section anyway - especially seeing as antibiotics are pretty much useless, or at least they will be sometime soon..

To be honest, it actually seems irresponsible to have any more children, we don't exactly live in a great world - everything is running out, hotting up etc... What would be the point?

8 years ago • Post starter

Well, I'm back and this time I'm definitely pregnant, 6 weeks and 1 day!

Eeeeek! xx

8 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo