Community post

Discussion

Hypothyroidism and IQ

Hello ladies

Before I got preganant I was diagnosed with autoimmune hypothyroidism.

I have increased my thyroxine twice already and my TSH and T4 levels are good.

I have read a lot about this topic and nowhere does it actually say that treatment prevents cognitive problems in the child.

Has anyone else with autoimmune hypothyroidism had children with normal to high IQ?

Thanks

Lx

pregnancy week by week

3 Replies • 13 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

I had my entire thyroid surgically removed and use Synthroid. My first born has not had his IQ tested but before he was 1 year old he had over 50 words in his vocabulary! He's quite "switched on" as we say. My 2nd born, while not as verbal but certainly above his age in speech, is amazing spatially cognitive at an early age and has a real grasp on things far beyond his years like directions, problem solving, relationships....point is...I didn't have any troubles with that.

Good luck!

DMP - TTC #3 after several chemical pregnancies. May we all have success! God Bless!  BabyFruit Ticker pregnancy week by week

13 years ago

DM thanks so much for that .

I just don't think my doctors have much of a handle on thyroid in pregnancy - it took my local doc all to find a table with thyroid level standards in pregnancy!

I feel a lot better after hearing about your lovely boys and how well they are doing.

Thanks

Lx

pregnancy week by week

13 years ago • Post starter

I'm glad I could help. You should see an endocrinologist, I think. My OB drew my blood to check up on my thyroid every couple of months because you definitely need more medicine throughout the pregnancy but he was doing these draws to cross check my endocrine's work. Best of luck! :D

DMP - TTC #3 after several chemical pregnancies. May we all have success! God Bless!  BabyFruit Ticker pregnancy week by week

13 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo