Community post

Discussion

Miscarriage Guilt

Long post!
I recently had an early miscarriage on the 24th July this year and ever since then I feel like a part of me is missing. We already have 2 beautiful boys aged 5 and 2 and we weren’t trying for any more children as I felt my family was complete. I missed a pill the month I fell pregnant (due to unforeseen circumstances!) and I knew I was pregnant from the symptoms I was experiencing. I tested using several brands and got faint positives but I started to bleed the day after my period was due. I had a blood draw and this confirmed I was in early pregnancy but my recount showed I had miscarried. I know I was only about 4 weeks pregnant and it wasn’t planned at all but I am now constantly comparing to how many weeks I would have been, having several dreams I am pregnant and testing near my periods (ridiculous as I am on the pill!) hoping I see a line again to make myself feel better! Will this pass and is it just part of the grieving process? I had previously had an early miscarriage the year before I had my first son but I was younger and although I’ll never forget it and it was awful, I didn’t feel this lasting emotion of emptiness! Me and my partner have discussed another baby but we feel our family is complete but I can’t help but keep wondering ‘what if’. Please tell me I’m not the only one, I’m driving myself crazy! We didn’t tell any family either, just a couple of close friends know, so I feel like I just have to keep it to myself.
Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated!

0 Replies • 2 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo