Community post

Question

9DPO BFN .. Am I out?

Hi all,

Needing some reassurance really! I’m roughly 9DPO (positive OPK on cycle day 17&18). This is my first cycle off the pill so I was surprised to see that I ovulated but coming off the pill a couple of years ago my cycle went straight back to normal and I was pregnant the 2nd month!
This cycle I have had the same feelings as I had with my son but today at 9DPO on an internet dip strip with FMU, it was stark white negative!

I know I am probably just testing too early but can’t help being a POAS addict!

Would it be worth going out and buying a more reliable brand and trying again later?

Thank you!

3 Answers • 6 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Answers

9 DPO is still super early. Just keep testing! FX for you!

6 years ago

9dpo is very early, some people get it this early but it's different for every woman. Your body doesn't start absorbing large amounts of HcG until the egg is implanted. Now I had IB in what I had down for 6dpo and on 8dpo I tested and got a good second line like in my profile pic. But implantation on 6dpo is rare and it takes a couple of days for your possitive to show. On my last pregnancy I had IB on 11dpo which is one of the latest days for implantation. Wait a few more days, you can test every day if you are a POAS addict but don't drive yourself to despair before 14dpo. Infact I tested at what I thought was 15dpo with my son and got a bfn and gave up. A week later I realized I still had no AF and tested again and got my BFP. I ovulated a week later than usually but obviously you've been using opks so you know when you ovulated so keep your hopes up till 14dpo. Good luck!

6 years ago

See my post in information as it explains about hcg and testing ..You may not have implantrd yet

6 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo