Community post

Discussion

40 and trying for baby after 13 years!

Hi friends,
Recently, I have started TTC after my two boys are 13 and almost 16. I have always been healthy, had regular cycles, and know when I ovulate so I am optimist. Still, the thought of having a baby after so long and being of “advanced maternal age” has me a little scared. Anyone here have any advice for how to navigate this journey? I’m in cycle one, and will be able to test January 7th. Hoping that all of you are encouraged today! Here’s to a new year ahead.

4 Replies • 4 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by hugs)

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

You'll probably have little to no trouble getting pregnant. Having a baby at 40 is no different than when you are younger, except you physically don't recover as quickly. I was more tired. But my pregnancies at 39 and 43 were easier than my first at 21. I had to be much more monitored, but they were good experiences. I wish you all the luck on your journey! I LOVE having my baby (my rainbow, as I lost my first son at birth - not age related) now that I'm older. I appreciate every moment, and my older son (22) and my older stepchildren (19, 18, 15, and 9) love having a baby sister. Good luck!

4 years ago

I am also 40 and TTC. I have two daughters that are 17 and 20. I have been married to my husband for 8 years now and i had a tubal reversal in 2016. I did end up getting pregnant 6 months later but it ended in a miscarriage at 10 weeks. We have been trying to get pregnant again ever since.
I’m currently 3 dpo today and I’m really hoping this is the month. TMI ALERT!!.....
In all my life I have never spotted after I ovulate. But this month. I have had brown discharge 2-3 dpo. Every website I have checked says they it’s too early for implantation bleeding ( which i have had with every pregnancy) so I guess I’m waiting and seeing what happens.
Figures crossed for you and hope we all get some good news for the New Year!!

4 years ago

Thank you for your comments and encouragement! lauradgraham33, I hope you have success for your family!! Happy 2020 ????

4 years ago • Post starter

Hi there :) I know its been a while now but i have been going through all these discussions tying to see if I can find one that is for over 40's!!!! I am 41, my "baby" is 16 and my hubby and I are trying for our own little bean (new hubby)
I am currently on 16DPO, 1 day late but to be honest I think im out, crampy guts and tested yesterday but

4 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo