Community post

Question

Positive tests and ultrasound! Advice needed please x

Hey everyone. Ok so going by my last period which was 15th September I am meant to be 6 weeks and 5 days. I didn't get any positives (even faints) untill my expected period which was around 13th October roughly. Today i had an early scan and I seen a heartbeat BUT the baby was so tiny measuring a tiny 1.7mm and measuring 5-6 weeks which sets me back almost a week from my dates. I just have a bad feeling. They say the heartbeat starts around 6 weeks but mine had the heartbeat just obviously alot smaller than expected!! :( does the size of the fetus sound ok? I'm so worried!! Thankyou xx pic is basically the yolk sac.. baby was to small to get a picture

user submitted image

3 Answers • 5 years ago • Edited

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Answers

Totally normal to be a week off this early on. Once you get a HB, your risk goes way down. Congratulations! Sticky vibes to you!

5 years ago

I'm so bloody worried. There's a small bleed above the sac but she said that's quite normal. I've never had it before but know people who have. My history makes me so worried too with miscarriages etc. Thank you for your positive words! :) xxx

5 years ago • Post starter

First off

I do not have personal experience, but from working as a doula and child birth educator and from comments on here, this is common. A heartbeat at this point is a great sign.

It may be hard, but worrying will not change the outcome, so it might be impossible, but try to enjoy being pregnant for a moment.

Trust me, saying not to worry pains me as an anxiety sufferer, I know it's not easy. I hate advice telling me not to worry.

Last month I lost my pregnancy at 6.5 weeks. I spent two weeks worrying. Now when I think of it, I wish I had found a way to just be happy about my baby on the days when there wasn't any bad news, but I was worried about the future bad news.

I hope it all works out.

5 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo