Community post

Discussion

Ovulation help please?

Last cycle we didn't start trying until I was already on CD17 and we did the BD that and every day through my CD21 and I got AF CD27.

This cycle we have done the BD Every day since CD9 and I'm currently on CD15. Long story short. . . I'm tired

What are the chances that I've already ovulated? My goal was the do the BD for the next 7 days too to make sure we don't miss my ovulation day. But what are the chances that I've already ovulated? Is ovulation typically the same cycle to cycle or can I still not have ovulated yet? If we take a break today, should that be okay? Please help a very tired woman and her very tired husband.

4 Replies • 5 years ago • Edited

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

U don't need to bd daily, every other to every third day is plenty. And don't worry if u don't hit ur actual O day, sperm need to be up there waiting for the egg, not the other way around. As long as u keep a steady supply going in, before the previous supply dies off (lifespan is 3-5-ish days), ur golden!

It's hard to say if u have O'd yet, every women is slightly different in cycle lengths and ovulation dates. Have u been watching ur cm? It tends to become slippery and clear (wet/watery or stretchy) during the fertile window. After that window has closed, most of the time, it will either dry up completely, or turn a creamy or milky white.

If this cycle doesn't work out, u may wanna consider using OPKs and BBT to have a better idea as to where ur O date falls within ur cycle. A woman with a regular cycle will typically ovulate on or near the same cycle day, each cycle, BUT, cycles can very easily change and be thrown off by outside factors (illness, stress etc), so u wanna make sure to use additional aides in case this happens.

Take a break! Eat some popcorn and watch a movie with hubs.
Good luck! =))

5 years ago

Oh you poor thing lol. Ov can change with every cycle. So I for instance typically Ov between 11 and 15days in my cycle. But I have Ov as early as 9 days before and as late as 18 so its very hard to tell unless your tracking using OPKs, BBT, or CM. But I agree with dakotagurrl take a breather!! Every other day is a great plan!

User image

5 years ago

Thank you ladies! I keep telling myself that it's okay to take a break but my other half keeps saying "BUT WHAT IF TODAYS THE DAY??!" it's decided. We are taking a break lol
Popcorn sounds nice.

5 years ago • Post starter

When I was TTC I would sometimes get in that same mindset AlexisSlack. I knew the facts like the other ladies said, but still I FELT like it was wrong to take a break. I used to ask myself "is the story of this BD how I want to start my baby's journey?"

If I was tired and he was tired and we were just doing it for the sake of doing it and it felt like a chore... is that the memory I want? Then we would fall asleep watching netflix instead.

Best of luck

5 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo