Community post

Question

Positive, tricky situation please help

This might be a little lengthy but I’m so confused, I just had a baby 8 weeks ago, well I had unprotected sex before getting my first period, went to go get on birth control and doc said she couldn’t do it until I had my period, I took 3 pregnancy test cause she said i should have gotten my period by 8 weeks postpartum they were negative, finally got my period on August 25th, pretty heavy period lasted 4 days, then I only had sex 1 time since my period and it was with a condom and on August 31st and now on sept 5th went to doctor for birth control but they did a pregnancy test and it was positive!!!!! I was totally shocked. Went home and got another test and it was negative, what are the chances that I’m pregnant??? Or could my “period” been a miscarriage and I didn’t know, I’m inserting a picture of the docs positive test

user submitted image

4 Answers • 5 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Answers

Wow, that is tricky! You didnt have sex before your period or on your period did you? That's crazy! Maybe it's some leftover hormones from a missed micarriage.

<a href=

5 years ago

I did have unprotected sex with the pull out method twice 2 days before I had my period, my doctor drew blood so I’ll find out for sure Friday

5 years ago • Post starter

Fxd for you that everything is okay - have you tested again since? I hope it all works out the way you want it to.

5 years ago

I just tested again with first morning urine and it was a big fat negative, doctor should be calling tomorrow with the results from blood test

5 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo